San Antonio Georgia Watching Party is @Sideliners Grill!

Mo Green

I need names to fill in the blanks. We have a choice of sports bars to meet at Saturday morning;

COVER 3 ( new -real nice { tamu has it booked dinner time for their game} $$$$). Location off loop 1604 & Huebner 210-479-9700

Sideliners Grill ($$) nice to scream & cut up. Kids have table games & electronic games. Loc-15630 Henderson Pass 210-404-0121

I need to get them #'s as soon as possible

• Upvote 3

It's funny you said the above. I just checked & it's the day "Central Texas celebrates Golden Margarita's". I'm trying to decide if it's frozen or on the rocks!

I'd like to have something at the house- but it is a Thursday. Any comments?

My house is just east of I10 & utsa is just west of I10. Sooo... about 10 minutes to the game!

Now, back to beating the "dogs".

• Upvote 2

Just saw this. -- I asked our Alumni Prez about an SA chapter. Said there isn't one. I'm totally willing to help out.

BTW, I'm down for either, Mo.

I'd like to get together for every televised -- hell, even the non-televised -- games.

Denny and Azkin:

Fatso's great place to see game. Large area, not crowded like some of those upper northside bars are. Saw Ball State from there.

• Upvote 1

Bump

Do we know how many alumni we have in the SA area ? Do we have a SA Chapter set up ?

I think it's important to get a strong gathering down there now the we are in the same conference

Rob said about 3K are known so about 9+ thousand. Some are in great positions & monied down here. But- no NT yet. Disfunctional alumni assn.

Thanks Rob for posting the info. He said that he would get together w/ adm & put togethter an email list for the next event ( I will be in NO though!).

• Upvote 1

Rob said about 3K are known so about 9+ thousand. Some are in great positions & monied down here. But- no NT yet. Disfunctional alumni assn.

Thanks Rob for posting the info. He said that he would get together w/ adm & put togethter an email list for the next event ( I will be in NO though!).

Dysfunctional..no! Have tried...you may recall a PM message or two between you and me awhile back about this very thing. Have not identified anyone willing to step up and help make it happen in SA as yet, but looks like momentum is building for SA. Thanks for the effort to put this watch party together. As you know...takes time and takes volunteers and takes money and takes personnel. With the new support agreement signed...which you do know about I am sure...things will change for several areas. SA being a primary one, but taking pot shots at the Alumni Association will not help get anything done....did you not recently use the Alumni Association's facility for a graduation reception for your daughter? Do you only reach out when you want something and then go back to taking pot shots when it, for whatever reason, suits your interests? Wasn't Rob instrumental in helping you make that reception happen at the Alumni Association's facility?

Having a conference member in SA will help tremendously and bring lots of attention to SA and, hopefully, alums will be able to create enough mass and interest to help make it happen for those interested in the SA area. How many showed up at the most recent watch party you organized in SA? Standing room only? Will be interested to know how many show up for today's event. Hope you will let us know. When we re-set the Denton Chapter a few years ago our first few events drew less than 25 folks...and that is Denton area. One must just keep at it. Noticed that your event was advertised by the Alumni Association. That's good, and there are plans afoot to keep building on the SA connections and alums. But, we do need folks who are supportive of our efforts to step up to help. Tough to build much of anything in any area where one of our most influential and successful alums continues to bad mouth the Alumni Association on one hand, while setting up watch parties on the other. That, to me, seems rather dysfunctional and rather counter productive. If one wants support, it seems odd to continually bad mouth those who are willing to provide that support and who are willing to work to make what folks in SA say they want to happen.

Hope the event is a big success and that you will discover a few folks willing to help us help them build a great group of Alums in SA. With help, this will happen. With CUSA it will happen faster. With folks taking a positive approach to reaching out it will happen faster. Again, really appreciate your willingness to get these watch party events going. Wish you great success, and will be excited to hear how the turnout was for the latest one.

• Upvote 2