Centennial auction question

Lurker

Here's my question: Were parents offered the opportunity to purchase prior to bidding?

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable trying to outbid a student's parents for their jersey but also am unclear how the Ncaa would view potentially offering the parents a "market discount" by allowing them to purchase prior to entering the jersey in the auction.

Curious to know what they're going to do with the Jersey's that did not receive Bids? Wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly show up at the Apogee Store.

The auction goes on until Dec. 31st. Also, the jerseys are state property, so they cannot be sold in a retail outlet like the Apogee store or UNT bookstore. They would have to be sold, by law, at the UNT surplus warehouse, in the present auction format, another type of auction, public notice that bids are being accepted to purchase, or the spring garage sale at Apogee.

Edited by Green Dozer

Here's my question: Were parents offered the opportunity to purchase prior to bidding?

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable trying to outbid a student's parents for their jersey but also am unclear how the Ncaa would view potentially offering the parents a "market discount" by allowing them to purchase prior to entering the jersey in the auction.

No, that would be against the law. Everybody, including parents or even MGC members and non-members all have to be afforded equal opportunity to purchase "TX state property" that is for sale. That is why the garage sale is open to everybody at the same time, not even AD employess can purchase anything before anybody else.

Edited by Green Dozer

The auction goes on until Dec. 31st. Also, the jerseys are state property, so they cannot be sold in a retail outlet like the Apogee store or UNT bookstore. They would have to be sold, by law, at the UNT surplus warehouse, in the present auction format, another type of auction, public notice that bids are being accepted to purchase, or the spring garage sale at Apogee.

Much thanks, Dozer! So, I take it, the Ones without any Bids will be back up sometime...before the end of the Year.

Edited by NTSUEagle