America One Conference?

Harry

Considering that Us, Temple, Cincy and UConn are the four horsemen of the conference and if any two of us leave, the deal from ESPN is null and void, I like our chances at landing in a P5 conference.

• Downvote 3

He would have to be thinking either the Big 12 or SEC. I could see a remote chance of the B12 taking Houston...but SEC, not likely. As a side note, click on his profile and you can see a picture of Satan.

Rice is too busy acheiving medical breakthroughs to care about their waiters.

See, what's funny is that in my desperation to get back to Houston, I've applied to graduate school at UH and been accepted since Rice is mostly undergraduate. Not because of academics, but solely because it's the only other school in Houston. Building a new stadium? Oh, we already did that. You have had to downgrade plans, cost and capacity too for being too overzealous...getting College Gameday, well, there ya go, here's a cookie...the Big East is worse than every conference other than the Sun Belt and travel costs + setting a new conference + lack of name recognition pull away the extremely minute financial gain y'all may get and you better hope UConn and Cincy stay (not likely) or there's no TV contract, the city hall, that's pretty cool, yeah, congrats...she's a Rice alum...coincidence? Rice alum telling UH grads what to do? Hmmm...she's trying to get re-elected and it's really only a rivalry from the UH side, so not really stunning...)

/myGL2greatness style rant

um at least have a clue when you rant and know what you are talking about

Rice has 3,708 undergraduate and 2,374 graduate degree-seeking students so that is 39% graduate students......hardly mostly undergrad by any definition

http://graduate.rice.edu/degreesdata/

from dec 2010 to may 2011 Rice graduated 619 masters students and 178 doctoral students

for the entire year in 2010 north Texas was 1669 masters and 219 PhDs and 11 professional for 2011 it was 1820, 210, 7

so Rice is easily holding their own as a school with a very large graduate enrollment.....there is a reason you did not get into Rice and there is a reason you probably will not do well at UH as a graduate student

and you are even more cluelsss to think the BE is worse than the CUSA

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

um at least have a clue when you rant and know what you are talking about

Rice has 3,708 undergraduate and 2,374 graduate degree-seeking students so that is 39% graduate students......hardly mostly undergrad by any definition

http://graduate.rice.edu/degreesdata/

from dec 2010 to may 2011 Rice graduated 619 masters students and 178 doctoral students

for the entire year in 2010 north Texas was 1669 masters and 219 PhDs and 11 professional for 2011 it was 1820, 210, 7

so Rice is easily holding their own as a school with a very large graduate enrollment.....there is a reason you did not get into Rice and there is a reason you probably will not do well at UH as a graduate student

and you are even more cluelsss to think the BE is worse than the CUSA

Rice has a very small, mostly PhD based graduate program in my department, and focuses mainly on undergrad. Reading straight from their site. They focus the majority of their efforts on undergraduates. Says so directly on their website. Maybe you should try to read. And doing well at UH isn't hard, Cougar King goes there after failing out of UNT, like you did.

Oh, the Big East plays football? News to me. This conference with less end result payout and possibly losing a TV deal is better than the CUSA? That's why Tulsa told the A1 to screw off, right?

Edited by meangreener

Regardless of individual departments...61% actually is "mostly". Also...yes, by any definition. I still don't see why this part of the thread is relevant. Both Rice and UH have some great academic programs, and if you want to enroll in one, then great. This is beyond silly...but I guess I'll ask anyway...what percent makes something "mostly" when comparing two demographics in the same set?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL so you're on the level of Temple and Cincy? Cool story bro

I don't care for Houston that much but I will say that's better than being on UNT's level.

People are feeding TWO trolls.

There is an ignore feature for a reason!

Everybody with a different opinion is a troll.

#GMG logic

Edited by FroggyStyle
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2