UH'er Said This of B.E.Team UNT Beat In Bowl Game...

PlummMeanGreen

For us (UNT) to average anything above 20K this year would be good for a football program that has not had too many winning seasons of late.

Lest we forget, the North Texas Metroplex is a major league sports market that has had the "a winner's town" mindset for a long time now.

To stay in the 20's, we must have the UNT student body come to games, though.

From a ConstructionCoog post on CoogFans.com board Posted: Today 3:11 PM

"...Cincinnati is averaging 25K this year and it wasn't that long ago that we (UH) were in the bottom 20s.....

• Downvote 2

We can still do better attendance-wise. Regardless of what anyone says. That being said, I'd be happy if we average something above 20k, but I'm having doubts we will. Anyway, CF is controlled by money, and higher attendance helps generate money. Therefore, we need to FREAKING WIN games to help attendance and get the student body more optimistic about their team and wanting to go to games.

That game is history and certainly has no relevance now.

It was the average attendance numbers of both schools,, ie, Cincy's 25K average up till now for this season and the low 20's average attendance for a UH football season in recent years that was the main theme.

I don't think I posted about any bowl game being revelant or irrevelant (for that matter) but stated that we did beat a school from the Big East and that happened much more recent than what seems to be the timeline criteria of past success for other schools to get into an AQ conference. Sorry, I still just don't get a bunch of this re-alignment business.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It was the average attendance numbers of both schools,, ie, Cincy's 25K average up till now for this season and the low 20's average attendance for a UH football season in recent years that was the main theme.

I don't think I posted about any bowl game being revelant or irrevelant (for that matter) but stated that we did beat a school from the Big East and that happened much more recent than what it seems the timeline criteria of success is for other schools to get into an AQ conference.

GMG!

Off topic: Cinci wasn't in the big east when we beat them, was it?

Goes to show how much we have regressed. It really makes me sad to think where we could have been today if we hadn't made such an idiotic experiment with a HS coach.

And an experiment that I whole-heartedly (with many others) supported 100%. :(

I think we now have gone back to the formula (a former NCAA D1 HFC) that seems to have worked the best for North Texas.

I just didn' think I'd be 60 years of age before we would go back to that formula, though.

GMG!

And an experiment that I whole-heartedly (with many others) supported 100%. :(

I think we now have gone back to the formula (a former NCAA D1 HFC) that seems to have worked the best for North Texas.

I just didn' think I'd be 60 years of age before we would go back to that formula, though.

GMG!

Hopefully this new coaching staff is able to turn the table. We can't wait around for years for it to change like we did with Dodge though. I doubt that would happen, but if so, we need to have higher expectations and accountability.