Big East Expanding to 12: SMU and Houston in play

Harry

Lack of TV market is the main reason East Carolina is not being seriously considered for the Big East. While they have home crowds of 30-40K they have no TV market to sell to ESPN. Marshall is similar.

All of this realignment is about TV. The more TVs you have access to, the more likely you are to move. This is one of the key reasons that we have a better chance of making a move during all of this, we have a TV market.

They also lose a Florida school. I would expect FAU or FIU and then two western schools. NT replaces SMU and I would not rule out UTSA as the second.

if houston goes and smu does not, then utsa would replace the coogs. our only hope is for smu to move with houston. thats why i am dismayed that unt athletic department and some of our fans look down the roadrunners. we have lost 58 games in the past 6 years, plus 4 this season. the only thing we should look down on is our feet. just an old mans opinion.

if houston goes and smu does not, then utsa would replace the coogs. our only hope is for smu to move with houston. thats why i am dismayed that unt athletic department and some of our fans look down the roadrunners. we have lost 58 games in the past 6 years, plus 4 this season. the only thing we should look down on is our feet. just an old mans opinion.

I'm really not sure about this...

We're losing games to FBS competition.

UTSA is losing games to D-III McMurry and the like.

Congrats to UTSA on beating Bacone college!

Is UTSA a "sleeping giant"? Who knows? But to say that they should be regarded on the same level as UNT, or any other current FBS school for that matter, is premature and ambitious at best.

I'm really not sure about this...

We're losing games to FBS competition.

UTSA is losing games to D-III McMurry and the like.

Congrats to UTSA on beating Bacone college!

Is UTSA a "sleeping giant"? Who knows? But to say that they should be regarded on the same level as UNT, or any other current FBS school for that matter, is premature and ambitious at best.

As another poster posted, once UTSA starts playing FBS schools and getting hammered game in and game out; season in and season out, many of those San Antone' "fans" will then go back to watching that other UT team on TV "only" 1 hour up the road at our state capital city. (Still not sure how the long shadow of UT-Austin will affect UTSA in the long run, either).

North Texas is at a crossroads of sorts because of the presence of Apogee Stadium. North Texas must come up soon with what direction we truly want to go with such a football palace and a new FB venue that has received such rave reviews will soon force our hand to do just that. Boise State and TCU (to an extent since we do not have their kind of monies) will still be 2 good models for us to follow--not UTSA or any school in the WAC that I can think of for now....all this IMO, of course.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen