It's So Much More Fun When There Is a Little Suffering...

McKinneyMiner

That being said, 24-14 would have been suffering aplenty...

Some impressions from my first game at Apogee:

The UNT defense came ready to hit tonight... There were some hits on Indiana receivers that are bound to show up in highlights of big hits from the weekend...

I thought the atmosphere of the game was really quite good... The fans in 203 and 204 were really letting the Indiana fans in our sections hear it... And no one was complaining at all about fans standing during appropriate moments...

Thompson's three overthrows on deep balls that would have been huge gains/touchdowns were incredibly frustrating...

The pass interference call at the end was a total joke...

Why weren't we expecting that first onside kick...?? Even my 10-yr old said, "Watch the fake." And yet not a single UNT player was anywhere near the ball when it came down...

All in all this is a very satisfying win... And I tnink the squad learns more from hanging on to a big lead lead than the other way around... Young teams need to learn how to win games like this... In the past we would have lost this game... Tonight, and in the future, we win...

I am pumped for the rest of the season because I don't see any reason why we can't be competetive against Tulsa and especially in conference play...

Great win tonight...

GO MEAN GREEN...!!

The 117 year old guy behind us said, "Watch for the onside" before the first onside as well. I was socked at how easy that one was for IU.

We may have had a better angle on the pass interference call. He IU receiver got an elbow in the throat a couple of time down the field. He was impeded on the play. Sorry.

Still. We had the option to cover of the next play...and, on the final touchdown.

The final touchdown killed me because that WR was uncover and I was screaming my head off, "#13! #13!" Then, their QB hit the totally uncovered #13 for the score to put it 24-21. Awful.