VITO Blog

greenjoe

September 15, 2011

National site uses UNT as a punchline, first in a series of Q&As

9:10 AM Thu, Sep 15, 2011 | Permalink

Brett Vito E-mail News tips

I keep mentioning what a long, tough road Dan McCarney is going to have to travel at UNT to pull it out of the hole that was dug in spectacular fashion over the last four years.

I came across another example of why that is today.

UNT is already in ESPN's Bottom 10 this week, and now CBS Sports used the Mean Green as its punch line in a story ... about Memphis ... in the lead.

"Having followed North Texas for the past several years, I know a thing or two about bad football."

Yikes.

Here's a link: What does UNT have to do with Memphis?strong>

Since UNT is playing Alabama this week and I am the only guy who covers the program outside of the student newspaper, I have been asked to be on two radio shows -- the first was last night -- and do a series of Q&As with the Alabama papers.

Here's what I got back in my swap with Chase Goodbread, the fine Alabama writer at the Tuscaloosa News. If you want to check out his Alabama coverage, you can follow this link

• Upvote 1