FIU Game Watching in Colleyville Area

Green Oracle

Anyone know where the FIU game will be televised in the Colleyville / Grapevine/ Southlake area? Is anyone having a gathering locally in the Colleyville area? Would like to meet up with fellow alums in my neck of the woods...thanks.

I might be wrong, but I don't believe it will be televised anywhere since it's ESPN3. If you find out differently, let me know (I live in Grapevine). Otherwise I'll either be watching it at Apogee, or on my laptop at home.

I know I've posted this on a few other threads, but we are having a watching party at Rudy's BBQ in Allen. We are hooking a laptop up to their big flat screen in their event room. This is a good alternative to Apogee if you want air conditioning and ice cold beer in addition to fellow Mean Green fans.

Thanks, everyone. Need to discover if Verizon Fios carries ESPN 3.

Verizon Fios Internet Allows ESPN3........not the cable. You will need to get an ESPN profile and login (not hard) and it will ask and determine who your internet provider is (in this case FIOS). You should have this anyway since you can login and watch all sorts of UNT Football and Basketball games from last year. It is both awesome and FREE.

ESPN3 FAQ

Verizon Fios Internet Allows ESPN3........not the cable. You will need to get an ESPN profile and login (not hard) and it will ask and determine who your internet provider is (in this case FIOS). You should have this anyway since you can login and watch all sorts of UNT Football and Basketball games from last year. It is both awesome and FREE.

ESPN3 FAQ

Thanks again. Are you connecting this to your TV, or watching via your laptop? I tried to use Wii last night to login to ESPN3 and kept being booted, having to reload - I think it's the format it's streamed taht doesn't sit well with the Wii. Anyone have any better luck with the Wii and ESPN3? Is anyone hooking their laptop to their TV to watch ESPN3's broadcast? Do I need some type of hardware (like a flux compacitor) to achieve this?

Edited by Green Oracle

Thanks again. Are you connecting this to your TV, or watching via your laptop? I tried to use Wii last night to login to ESPN3 and kept being booted, having to reload - I think it's the format it's streamed taht doesn't sit well with the Wii. Anyone have any better luck with the Wii and ESPN3? Is anyone hooking their laptop to their TV to watch ESPN3's broadcast? Do I need some type of hardware (like a flux compaciter) to achieve this?

Your best option is if your laptop has an HDMI out and your TV has an HDMI in. I've done that quite a bit. It also works if you have VGA connections on both. No special equipment needed. You just need a common interface (HDMI, VGA, S-Video, etc) with your TV and your PC as well as that type of cable.

I don't think you can stream ESPN3 from the wii...unless things have changed it's Xbox360 only, unless you download and pay for PlayOn (haven't personally tried that way yet).

As for using your laptop, it's fairly simple...you just need either a vga, dvi, or hdmi out cable from your laptop to hook up to your tv. Most new tv's should accept any of those connections.