Itinerary for September 9th and 10th

emmitt01

Ok, so here's the plan for the 24 hour tailgate.

I'll be setting up camp at 6pm Friday the 9th. Not knowing just how many people will be there it'll be Chicken Express family meal time. A little "corn hole" playing, a little (lot) drinking, and maybe some playstation that night.

Saturday it's scrambled eggs, bacon and tortillas on the grill. Read the DMN and DRC sports pages for a bit then start making phone calls to find out where the hell everyone is!!! It's game day folks! After a few (5) beers, it's on to the real drinking. Mean Green Punch!!! (For those that know it by its proper name...you know what time it is) Once my crew is all accounted for it's time to fire up the grill again. A few racks of ribs, some shrimp kabobs and time to throw the pill around ON ACTUAL GRASS. By now the wife should be arriving along with my mom so I'll have to tone down the party...just a bit.

Full and still half buzzed it'll be time to walk into Apogee for the first game ever. After shedding a few tears of joy and saying a short "thank you" prayer I'll watch my Mean Green tan the hides of a few Cougars.

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 7

I'll be setting up camp at 6pm Friday the 9th. Not knowing just how many people will be there it'll be Chicken Express family meal time. A little "corn hole" playing, a little (lot) drinking, and maybe some playstation that night.

Saturday it's scrambled eggs, bacon and tortillas on the grill. Read the DMN and DRC sports pages for a bit then start making phone calls to find out where the hell everyone is!!! It's game day folks! After a few (5) beers, it's on to the real drinking. Mean Green Punch!!! (For those that know it by its proper name...you know what time it is) Once my crew is all accounted for it's time to fire up the grill again. A few racks of ribs, some shrimp kabobs and time to throw the pill around ON ACTUAL GRASS. By now the wife should be arriving along with my mom so I'll have to tone down the party...just a bit.

Full and still half buzzed it'll be time to walk into Apogee for the first game ever. After shedding a few tears of joy and saying a short "thank you" prayer I'll watch my Mean Green tan the hides of a few Cougars.

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Holy moly I'm definitely going to take you up on your tailgating invitation. Just tell me what I can bring!

Ok, so where is this camp-out going to be? The Red lot? The Hill behind the Alumni pavilion?

Yes. This is needed info. Emmitt, I plan on stopping by Friday evening, but I will probably make my way to a hotel later that night, as I dont think 60 degree lows are in the near future.

I will bring alcohol. Lots and lots of it.

I will be set up adjacent to the newest lot (the one being paved just east of the current victory lot). That's the red one...I think.

GreenN'awlinsVet: I see no reason not to have one big tailgating setup. Let's get the party started and let 'em build around us!

Emmitt are you doing parking lot or the hill? May have to make an appearance since I wont be sleeping much that night anyways! GMG!

if you don't have a camper/rv with some A/C I wish you the best of luck falling asleep that night. I'll pray that it won't still be mid 80's after midnight. The Hill should be packed with frat & sorrority for quite a while if they plan on doing pep-rallies there the night before the games.

recommendation - why sleep when you can just have a round robin 24 hour corn-hole tourney

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Absolutely...excellent plan, Sir. I do hope you take time to drop by the Alumni Pavilion before the game to pick up one of the limited edition commemorative coins. First coin toss ever and all that. Great plans for a great weekend. Looks like Emmitt is getting the party started. GREATNESS!