Marcus Smith Greyshirting

Harry

Good. I would have hated for this kid to get left out, when he was told by the new staff that they would honor his offer. He committed to us early, and stayed loyal. He deserves that same respect.

He certainly does. UNT needs to be a program that honors its commitments. That word will get around and it will be a very positive thing in recruiting and in building a positive reputation for this program. I don't care if no other school does it or the "next best thing since sliced bread" says he will sign if we had a scholarship open when all are actually accounted for that year, I want UNT to be a program built on character and credibility.

Glad to see this.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

I'm very happy that UNT honored the scholarship. If they said they were going to do it, they need to follow through, and they did.

I'm also very happy because I really wanted this kid to be in green. His 40-yard time of 4.59 could be better, but he is 6'4" 210. We need some taller receivers, and Marcus Smith is a good start.