This Is Why I Love Smu

emmitt01

I don't understand why some if these kids go to these academies. They leave a decent education behind to put all their eggs in a basketball basket. These schools are shady from the get-go, dancing around rules and living off loopholes and wordsmiths.

There are plenty of decent programs to go around, with great basketball and no shady academics.

Not trying to be mean, but one has to think they are THAT dumb?

First off, there really isn't much talk about Mitchell over there, just a single thread. Second, you guys all know that between Mitchell and Henry, you still don't have one qualified kid. Even your own guys were on the SMU board last week making fun of Henry, questioning if anyone was throwing his future away as bad as he is, and I responded Mitchell, which was well before either were rumored to you. UNT guy responded 'touche' etc. People are making fun of UNT academically b/c they can, not b/c its a cheap shot. You open yourself up when you bring on those types of kids. That said, you have loopholes other schools don't, so kudos if they matriculate.

SMU is 13 deep next year, nobody is sweating UNT. We don't even play. It's funny more than a bitter thing. We've been onto '12 for months now. FWIW, very strong rumors that TJ Taylor will be a Mustang. Same folks that knew about Williams months beforehand

First of all I'm pissed that you got 10 red numbers on your post; I've got many but never 10 on a single post but anyhow...this for you, HoopManx:

Did You Enjoy ESPN's 30/30 non-stop run of the SMU DP and all it's cast of characters last month?

Other than that, hope yall have a nice remaining of your BB season. :flowers::blink:

GMG!

PS: I was a student and sat among the largest basketball crowd in UNT history (10,700 SRO) and you'd never guess, HoopManX, who the opponent was that night? You guys spend way too much time being holier than thou and worrying about your social climber standing & status when their is an innocent, collegiate rivalry waiting to happen and both schools only 35 miles apart.

Hellsbells man, its just college kids playing games for heaven's sake and not alums out on the court checking out their opposing fan's clothing labels to see whose alums shops the fancier clothiers. :rolleyes:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Let it go. Please. The SMU bit has grown tiresome and embarrassing.

A thousand times this. What do you all expect them to do when something good happens here, send us a cake?

Grow a big enough peynus, and you won't have to constantly whip it out to prove it's there. People will know.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Let it go. Please. The SMU bit has grown tiresome and embarrassing.

I really think this should be its own pinned thread. Heck, maybe even the only thread in its own forum.

Its OK to not like a school, but to attack an obvious SMU homer like a neglected dog is really just plain sorry. Sure his opinion is ill-formed, but are alot of opinions from gmg.com'ers (myself included) here so different? :unsure:

Its one thing if this happens once or twice when a SMU Troll comes on and baits some of us, but every single time?? :no: