North Texas Talking To The Mountain West ?

MeanGreen61

Big difference between Mexico in general (Juarez in particular) and El Paso... at least there was the last time I had a match out there several years ago...

Hadn't been back since that scrap at Rosa's Cantina... since my challenge was answered in a less than a heartbeat...

I had but one chance and that was to run... out through the backdoor of Rosa's I ran.... from the West Texas town of El Paso out to the badlands of New Mexico...

• Upvote 1

Not many recruits cone out of El Paso; the district budgets just don't compete with east Texas. Not just in football...

Anyways, any Texas presence by UTEP comes out of Price's camps hosted around the state. He is very proactive (and has to be) about recruiting Texas kids to El Paso.

The conferences are well aware of UTEP's strengths: loyal fan base, travels well, great facilities with a Bball program any conference would be proud to have. I have to think the lack of football success had a lot to do with them being left behind by charter MWC members. Surely they would make a great travel duo with UNM?

I also look at how Benson running his sinking ship and speculate those future MWC-ers saw some writing on the wall? Or wanted something more and he (Benson) wouldn't budge.

Big difference between Mexico in general (Juarez in particular) and El Paso... at least there was the last time I had a match out there several years ago...

Hadn't been back since that scrap at Rosa's Cantina... since my challenge was answered in a less than a heartbeat...

I had but one chance and that was to run... out through the backdoor of Rosa's I ran.... from the West Texas town of El Paso out to the badlands of New Mexico...

amazing how you can sing (and post) after you're dead :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Going to most likely be USU and UTEP... USU has big money advertisers (MGM and Nike) willing to join the MWC sponsorship and UTEP for their location tied with Texas ties...

If UTEP declines no telling what happens. At that point UNT and NMSU among others are in play... Best news I heard is that LaTech is "screwed either way"...

If 2 of 3 of SMU/UH/Tulsa change their mind then all bets are off and the CUSA 2 go to the MWC and then UNT/LaTech are viable to CUSA.

Biggest fear is that if UCF goes to the Big East at the same time UTEP leaves and CUSA decides to push further into FL with FIU/FAU and shift the conference center because of pressure from the east coast members...

Lots and lots of rumors going on out there... Very few mention UNT except as a contingency outside of the normal chatter to CUSA

disagree about utep. they are not the texas connection thompson wants to replace tcu and dfw media market. houston would suffice and maybe smu but not utep.

I never actually said that. How you choose to interpret my words is out of my control.

This seems to be happening quite a bit of late on GoMeanGreen.com

forevereagle, just wait till you receive an actual demand to explain what is "not" in your post and you get a group of guerilla posters start hitting everthing you post with a bunch of red numbers for saying something like...... "Jesus wept." (BTW, the shortest verse in the Bible).

I blame whatever it is in the Denton water supply for most of this. Actually, we've all been affected but at varying degrees of....affection. (No, I am not gay, either, for some who will very loosely interrpret the choice of the word "affection" on this male dominated sports smack board). :sword:

GMG!

PS: And by the way, why did you post what TV market is El Paso in? I know I read that between the lines you sneaky rascal! :blink: And why do you seem to imply that UTEP will pull in the whole state of Texas with that TV market? I demand an answer! (uh, see what I mean).

GMG!!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen