Riley Doesn't Appreciate Being Called A Quitter

Keith7

I believe it's a one-point hit.

Which isn't fair to the program since RD decided to file the divorce papers. Penalize a school if the player flunks out, but if a player wants out cause he isn't getting the PT he wants or whatever, let him leave but don't hit the school.

If Riley stayed, the best-case scenario is this: He starts at quarterback, leads the team to a great season and everybody uses that great season as "proof" that his dad isn't a good coach.

That would be an uncomfortable position to be in. I would have liked to see him stay, but I can see why he'd be looking elsewhere.

Or he wins and everyone says that McCarney did it with Todd Dodge's team.

You think the Florida fans are happy that Cam Newton won a national championship after he had originally signed with them. Stop all the soft he was great while he was here crap and good luck to him. It makes you sound like a guy who got cheated on by his wife His whole marriage and when she divorces him and leaves him for another man, and all he can do is talk about what a great girl she is. He signed with UNT and didn't see it through. Simple as that. He quit on our university. We spent a lot of time and money developing him as an athlete for UNT. We aren't some farm club for other schools. He QUIT!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Fact of the story is he was under no obligation to stay. College scholarships are year to year. Schools can cancel them. Players can leave.

This quitter BS is ridiculous. Did anyone call McCarney a quitter for leaving Florida? No. He had a better opportunity elsewhere, and Dodge thinks the opportunity is better at McNeese. That's his prerogative. Slamming him for it shows some pretty galling amnesia for what he did while he was here (and the injuries he suffered doing it).

Sure Dan quit too, and to move up to Head Coach. To us we are not on the quit side so what I am very happy Dan Mac is now our fearless leader. I never said it was good or bad. In my opinion extremely good for us, and Florida can suck it.

Riley quit and is under penalty of dropping a year of eligibility to transfer to a another FBS team at the very least I had a thought that included FCS as well. I am not slamming him I liked him, wished he would stay. I sure as hell would rather my diploma say The University of North Texas than McNeese State. In my opinion this is bad for us, we are a better team with Riley than without so this quit sucks for us.