Michigan Fires Rich Rodriguez As Head Coach

NT80

I could see this coming after losing badly to Mississippi State in the Bowl; 15-22 in three years...

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Rich-Rodriguez-time-with-Michigan-could-be-over-010411?GT1=39002

I will never understand why some coaches have even been given more than 5 years to post their first winning season as has been the case at some outposts. :rolleyes:

The tolerance of losing records even at 3 years in a row is getting ever so close to that of zero (tolerance) even in the NCAA. Yes, they make good money but job security at most NCAA jobs are hardly enough to buy a house with an extended note for darn sure.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

As a Michigan fan since birth, a couple notches behind my Mean Green loyalty, I can't determine which coaching change I am most happy with...

I am disappointed in that it looks like Big Blue won't sign our hero Harbaugh, but I didn't think I was going to be this excited about McCarney either. Looks like Michigan is going to sign San Diego State's head coach, and he has done one hell of a job over there.

Maybe the Bears (my NFL team) got he Super Bowl, and both the Mean Green and Michigan both find coaches to take them to their respective next levels!

Not likely since I think sports hates me!