Who would you take with the #1 pick in the draft?

IronMan4

Someday I may say this was really stupid, but I am gonna stick with Lebron. This is not a knock in any way on Anthony's game. With Lebron, I just have to say, "its a hunch" because I have nothing to base it on like Anthony's proponents will have. Whoever gets eitehr of them, I hope fans remember that they are still rookies, no matter how much talent they have.

On another note: Jerry Krause's reign is over (and not a moment too soon).

Now that I think about it, we may have the next big rivalry of the NBA. Watching these two try to outscore and outplay each other will be fun to watch for years. And there is already a natural rivalry brewing because of the big debate on who is better. It's not like the debate will die down after the draft, as whoever is taken #2 will be out to prove everyone wrong. Imagining either of those guys on a mission is not a pleasant thought for perimeter defenders around the league.

That's about all the consistent posters there are on this forum.  

I think if we had a vote on the football board on what brand of TP the football team should use to wipe thier ass on gamedays, the response would blow this away.

On the bright side, CMJ, Zeke and I won't need to use the PM feature with each other, we can just leave messages on here and have the same privacy.

I think if we had a vote on the football board on what brand of TP the football team should use to wipe thier ass on gamedays, the response would blow this away.

On the bright side, CMJ, Zeke and I won't need to use the PM feature with each other, we can just leave messages on here and have the same privacy.

laugh.gif That is comedy platinum!

I would take LeBron and here is why:  he can play point guard.  Scoring off guards are a dime a dozen, point guards that do everything and do it spectacularly don't exactly come along every year.

Where has he proven he can play point guard, much less against NBA competition? Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to find a method to your madness. Again, Catholic high schools aren't known for prepping NBA players.

Also, point guard is probably the most difficult position to play in the NBA. Look at Travis Best, Earl Washington, Phil Ford, Kenny Anderson, etc.. These were all excellent college point guards in power conferences, yet have just been or were servicable point guards.

Back to James. Do you really forsee him as a point guard in the NBA? I thought he would be more of a small forward.

Obviously LeBron has not proved anything on the pro level , much less ball handling, I'm just going off of what many scouts and "experts" are having him projected as eventually becoming a point guard.

If you remember, there was another HS to pro that was highly touted projected as a big point guard and has done OK at another position - Kobe.

The Lakers had the "Kobe at PG" experiment and it just wasn't natural. So it is pure speculation when projecting potential positonsfor a high school player, BUT if LeBron is a big point guard that can score...can't pass that up.

In today's NBA the line between the positions is becoming blurred. I mean as far as quickness, size, and ball handling go, Allen Iverson has everything you could possibly want in a point guard. But for AI to be the most succesful, he slides over to off guard, in contrast, Kobe flopped as a point guard, but still brings the ball up the court a lot. I will put it this way, I think Anthony will be a better rebounder and shooter, while James will be a better pure scorer and ball-handler (the latter should make him more valuable). It will be great to watch these two go at it, won't it?