Sycracuse is much better than I thought.

UNT96

I kinda feel for Hinrich and Collison, they brought back KU from that defecit. Hinrich's shot at the end was just too off balance, he had a 1.5, he could have taken a little more time to square, but it still would have been a tough shot.

If KU makes half thier free throws, they win.

How about Anthony? I think he did everything except tape his own back tonight. He was scoring, rebounding, dishing out assists...amazing. If I had the #1 pick in the draft I would step down because I would hate to have to choose between James and Anthony.

McNamara can shoot the lights out. JJ Redick will henceforth be known as "McNamara Lite".

If KU makes half thier free throws, they win.

Agreed, probably could be said about both teams down the stretch. That has got to be hell on their depth perception to play in theat big ass open space. I am very surprised at the size of the Syracuse fans, I don't think I have ever seen that much domination of a fan base in a Championship game... pretty amazing especially since they came all the way from New York.. I think a lot had to do with the destination...really gives me even more comfort in having our bowl game there.

I think the best part about the NCAA tourney is learning about all of these players from around the country. I would have never even known a thing about a guy like Dwayne Wade had they not made the tourney. I guess I am not that big of a college basketball fan; just way too many teams to keep up with but it is sure great to concentrate on 65 for 3 weeks straight. If I thought for one second that the Belt would get a guaranteed bid into a playoff system then I would be all for it; but my guess is that we would be given a chance at an at-large birth (which means that we would have absolutely no chance in hell) and probably be relegated into playing in some type of NIT-like playoff instead. Who the hell did Knight's new team play in the championship game anyway? ....that would be the general thought about a second tier playoff system and I would want no part of that.

Have to give it up for Iron Man. I really thought his picks were out of left field but he proved that choosing 10 really smart picks is better than choosing 30 so-so picks.

A really good game. Kansas's struggles at the line were heart wrenching. To shoot 12-30 from the line...in the FINAL??

There's no way they should've been that close with those kind of numbers. The Jayhalks impressed me a ton in defeat.

What can I say about Syracuse. Great, great squad. Way more than a one man team(though Carmello IS special). They have a little bit of everything. I'm SO happy for Coach Boeheim too.

Why doesn't the NCAA have a third place game? I think it used to, and I know most people would love to have a third place game as the undercard for the national championship later that night. It would be one more good game for fans to watch and with money making every decision in college sports, I'm suprised the advrtising bucks aren't there to make it happen.

It used to be played...got deep sixed in the late 70's if I recall correctly. From what I remember the coaches didn't wanna have to play a consolation game and pushed it through the NCAA.

I'll have to try and find my book on the matter. I own a great reference book on college basketball that goes from Nasmith through 1992. I'll have to try and dig it up.

Another note...the NIT used to be just as big a deal as the NCAA tourney...and even up until the late 70's/early 80's was still highly respected. Kind of a shame it isn't anymore.

Great game! It is weird because I wasn't a huge basketball (college) fan until I watched the Lobos in The Pit. I was hooked and am absolutely hooked on Mountain West basketball. I love the Mountain West Monday night games. I dig Majerus and his coaching style. He gets all these tall Missionaries to play a disciplined style of ball. The Running Rebels always draw and have a nice tradition in Vegas. Of course the Lobo fans are simply diehard. The Pit hosted a regional right before the Woman's Final Four and averaged 16,000 plus fans, setting a Woman's bball record. If the Lady Lobos continue to build their program, especially while the men are down right now, they will probably land a regional on a regular basis. That place could become another Tennessee or Connecticut kind of draw.

I loved having passion for Mean Green Pigskin in the fall and heading to the Pit in the bone chilling winter when I lived in New Mexico. Before I get hammered for not being a Mean Green diehard first and foremost, let me tell you about one of my craziest adventures. Remember that year we beat Texas A&M in the Superpit. It was epic and worth the 9 1/2 drive I had to make to get home to work the next day. I slept for a few minutes at the border, went in a couple of hours late and wasn't even tired after the Mean Green energy flowing through my veins.

Roy Williams will win his National Title at Carolina. I think he will take that job this time. The timing is right, and Carolina is really a phat job. He will have even more talent than he gets in Kansas and that Tar Heel program is really unstable right now. A man of his caliber will restore some lost respect.

Beat the Sooners!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!

If I had the #1 pick in the draft I would step down because I would hate to have to choose between James and Anthony.

McNamara can shoot the lights out.  JJ Redick will henceforth be known as "McNamara Lite".

#1 Pick?: I'd have to go with Anthony. As Michael Jordan said about James, "He's looked great against a bunch of Ohio Catholic high schoolers" or something like that. Anthony has proven himself against a much better class of competition.

As for McNamara, he had to be my favorite player on the court last night. Shooting lights out, being a pest on defense, and great hustle.

If these guys stay together for a couple of years at Syracuse, they could be awesome. Besides Anthony and McNamara being freshmen, the low post player that made the block at the end, can't recall his name, is only a sophomore. He has unbelievable footwork in the paint!

Even if Carmello leaves I say Syracuse is top 15 next season. The team I like next year? Michigan State(at least now). Advanced way further than they should've with a young squad. I like their defensive style of game.

And they own the boards. The Spartans might be the best program in America right now year in year out.

#1 Pick?: I'd have to go with Anthony. As Michael Jordan said about James, "He's looked great against a bunch of Ohio Catholic high schoolers"

There is no way that Jordan is that stupid. That "Catholic School League" is the best league (private or public) in the country. In addition to that they (his team) played matchups with 6 other "national" schools this year and whipped the living crap out of them. These private schools have a lot more power than public schools. A public school really has to pull off an act of god in order to transfer a kid in. They have to live within the boundaries of the school system which means moving the entire family into their zone without getting busted (nearly impossible if the kid is worth a damn). A private school just gives the kid a scholarship. The kid gets a fantastic education, excellent networking, a ticket to college (or the pro's these days), and the school can legally pay for his mother to either have a second apartment close by to see her son or move her there completely.

So I don't know what the hell Jordan is talking about other than wanting to be the center of attention again.

Jordan was BS-ing, he loves LeBron, they have even been spotted hanging out (I'm sure LeBron will have deal with the Jordan brand the second is eligible).

There is no doubt that Anthony is better than LeBron right now, but that wasn't my point. If you take Anthony and he turns out to be an All-Star and LeBron turns out to be God's gift to the sport of basketball, you as a GM go down in infamy for passing on him. I would rather have the #2 pick and if it doesn't work, at least fall back on the "he wasn't our guy" thing.

I like them both, and I honestly don't know which one is the better draft pick. But if I had to win a game tonight, I wouldn't hesitate in choosing Anthony.