Sbc 11/17

Oh yeah...other games...

Warner South @ FAU

St. Gregory's @ UALR

UAB @ MTSU

USA @ Southern Miss

ULL @ Creighton

Belmont vs. Arkansas State @ Knoxville, TN

FAU and UALR should have little more than walk-throughs. The other 4 have very important games, both for their own programs and for the conference as a whole.

UAB (1-0) is a strong program that historically has played an up-tempo game.

USM (1-0) has a road win over South Florida.

Creighton (2-0) has a very good and versatile 8 man rotation and will be near the top, again, in one of the best middie conferences.

Belmont (0-1) hung tough with #23 Tennessee in their house...they like the three.

I think this is a very, very important early season night for the conference. If we can walk out 4-2 I'll be satisfied...I think ASU is the team that really needs a win...a roadie for USA would be lovely as well.

MTSU probably isn't quite at a level right now where they ought to beat UAB. But they're at home, and that's always helpful... Tonight will tell us a lot about what they've got to offer this season. Don't put money on it, but a win isn't out of the question.

USM is going to be a pretty good team this year, and USA has to play them on the road. But I think South Alabama can and arguably should pull this one out. I certainly don't see this being a blowout like NMSU/ULL.

I don't think ULL can hang with Creighton. Just don't think they've got a chance in this one.

Arkansas Sate needs to get those wins sooner than later. I thought they'd do better last night against Missouri State. Belmont is a tough game, but it's the sort of game they need to start winning if they are going to be an RPI help rather than a hindrance.

The non-D1 games should be slam dunk wins.

Those two plus USA would give us 3. CBL has it right... If we can't get a 4th one from ASU or MTSU (ULL just seems like wishing, not realistic hope)... It's a bad sign for overall conference RPI prospects.

Channelsurfing doesn't have any NCAA basketball games up on schedule yet. Hopefully we get USA vs. USM.

Good news on MTSU and UAB is that it's on ESPN3. Bad news is that it's another production like the football game we suffered through last weekend. Don't expect to see the ball or either basket, take Dramamine, and watch at your own risk.

Channelsurfing doesn't have any NCAA basketball games up on schedule yet. Hopefully we get USA vs. USM.

Good news on MTSU and UAB is that it's on ESPN3. Bad news is that it's another production like the football game we suffered through last weekend. Don't expect to see the ball or either basket, take Dramamine, and watch at your own risk.

Yeah, that USA/USM game is the game I want to watch as well...I think USA has a lot of intriguing perimeter weapons...but I really want to see if that Augustine Rubit's 16pt, 15rbs in 27 minutes was strictly a product of poor competition or if he's gonna provide a legit interior presence.

So you mean we should expect to see Tristan put up a 3 (or maybe it's not Tristan we won't really be able to tell), only to have the producer cut to Kermit Davis blowing spit bubbles?

"It's a good thing Louisiana-Lafayette isn't very good. Because Creighton isn't doing themselves any favors over the past 4 or 5 minutes. Against a better team, they would have probably given this game away. But luckily, the Cajuns keep shooting themselves in the foot."

Thanks, Creighton announcers.

Killer is that he's right. ULL is down 8, should be up 4 or 5 points just based on the past 5 minutes of game action.

Didn't figure ULL at Creighton would be our best effort of the night.

Daigle and Brown look pretty damn good tonight. Up on channelsurfing if you want to catch the last 6:30.

Tried earlier but couldn't get it to load.

MTSU is the deeper, bigger and more talented team. How Kermit Davis has kept his job for this long is a complete mystery to me. Third longest tenured HC in the conference. Should've been fired after finishing middle of the road in '08 with all that talent.