Unt Vs Henderson State

Eagle-96

EDIT: Not worth continuing this. Words mean things. Don't say "turnovers" if you don't mean turnovers.

Especially when they'd still be turnovers if we lost possession.

a pass or rebound off knox's hands that goes out of bounds or into the hands of the opponent is a turnover. I counted more than 5 with that group.

Edited by LoveMG

A few late thoughts. NT has looked very suspect against two lower division teams. The score against Henderson State was deceptive, a lot of that point margin occurred late with HS playing their subs. NT also had to start a full court press to get control of the game. Johnson looked great, you would think based on the games this year that he is the returning all conference player. Thompson continues to be the best at creating a shoot and had a good game; not Kansas State good, but he is performing the best of the big three. Shorter kind of disappeared after having a breakout game in the exhibition. Odufuwa and White still looked a little sluggish to me. I think O is finding it a little difficult trying to be the inside scoring force. With A. Williams out, the guard rotation is suspect. Hall did look ok as a walk on, but I hope we don't have to rely on him a lot. By the way you can't compare what Holman, Edwards and Hogans did versus Tremel when Tremiel didn't often or ever play the full 40 minutes. Also NT played at least part of the game with Holmen playing outside. Holmen was much better this game but he didn't come close to making any of his outside shots. Hogans also had a better game, lots of hustle as usual and some great blocks.

NT did what it had to win, but doesn't get any style points for this one. The next two games will be very interesting, if they play like they have so far; they will lose both. However, I look for much better play and for White to come up big in the marquee games. On another topic, the crowd other than the kids was terrible. Less than two hundred students and likewise other fans. Enjoyed the kids until they started the wave.

a pass or rebound off knox's hands that goes out of bounds or into the hands of the opponent is a turnover. I counted more than 5 with that group.

If only we had a definitive, thorough, authoritative tally of how many times everyone turned the ball over...

Oh, wait a minute...

• Upvote 1

If only we had a definitive, thorough, authoritative tally of how many times everyone turned the ball over...

Oh, wait a minute...

Calm down you two. It's a meaningless game. Let's see how they play Tuesday.

I personally thought Edwards played a decent game, if he can pick up the slack on defense and rebound, the other 4 can score points. I think we'll be fine, it's too early to come to these conclusions. Besides the one on Knox, dude needs to gain another 20 pounds, he's too lanky, reminds me of Shawn Bradley.

• Downvote 1

A few late thoughts. NT has looked very suspect against two lower division teams. The score against Henderson State was deceptive, a lot of that point margin occurred late with HS playing their subs. NT also had to start a full court press to get control of the game. Johnson looked great, you would think based on the games this year that he is the returning all conference player. Thompson continues to be the best at creating a shoot and had a good game; not Kansas State good, but he is performing the best of the big three. Shorter kind of disappeared after having a breakout game in the exhibition. Odufuwa and White still looked a little sluggish to me. I think O is finding it a little difficult trying to be the inside scoring force. With A. Williams out, the guard rotation is suspect. Hall did look ok as a walk on, but I hope we don't have to rely on him a lot. By the way you can't compare what Holman, Edwards and Hogans did versus Tremel when Tremiel didn't often or ever play the full 40 minutes. Also NT played at least part of the game with Holmen playing outside. Holmen was much better this game but he didn't come close to making any of his outside shots. Hogans also had a better game, lots of hustle as usual and some great blocks.

NT did what it had to win, but doesn't get any style points for this one. The next two games will be very interesting, if they play like they have so far; they will lose both. However, I look for much better play and for White to come up big in the marquee games. On another topic, the crowd other than the kids was terrible. Less than two hundred students and likewise other fans. Enjoyed the kids until they started the wave.

Can't blame the kids - it was actually some teachers who started the wave. My friend and I moved from our seats down lown b/c I kept getting kicked in the back for the entire first half by the kids behind us. So, we moved up higher and watched as a group of teachers started the wave. I'm lucky to work from home with the ability to adjust my schedule to attend games like this, but I'm still not a fan of having a game where our season tickets can't be enjoyed by the whole family. :(

• Upvote 1

Can't blame the kids - it was actually some teachers who started the wave. My friend and I moved from our seats down lown b/c I kept getting kicked in the back for the entire first half by the kids behind us. So, we moved up higher and watched as a group of teachers started the wave. I'm lucky to work from home with the ability to adjust my schedule to attend games like this, but I'm still not a fan of having a game where our season tickets can't be enjoyed by the whole family. :(

It was the NT cheerleaders who came down to that end of the court and had them start the wave. I was watching them get it going. The kids did add a lot of noise to the game and I'm sure some will remember it as a fun field trip. I was surprised there was no halftime entertainment for them, just watching the dancing sweeper guy.

• Downvote 1

It was the NT cheerleaders who came down to that end of the court and had them start the wave. I was watching them get it going. The kids did add a lot of noise to the game and I'm sure some will remember it as a fun field trip. I was surprised there was no halftime entertainment for them, just watching the dancing sweeper guy.

The cheerleaders did get into the action, but trust me, the teachers instigated. Only reason I know was that I was surprised since I've never seen the wave at a BB game. And, you didn't think the kids doing the sign-spinning thing was half-time entertainment? It cracked me up.