New North Texas Head Coach Poll

Harry

Still the majority of votes indicate that a known commodity HFC is head and shoulders above any other specific kind of coach for North Texas.

That part has not changed since the beginning of this poll, either.

I hope Neinas will help put an end to this smack board mob-esque intellect and non-sense very soon. It has been quite an educational experience and validates what some of us have known for too damn long about why we have not done much nationally or on a ranked basis for close to 40 years. We have met the enemy and the enemy is... ;)

GMG!

One that will never step foot in Denton unless Ryan has a 4 or 5 star athlete he is recruiting to his next BCS school. Get real Plumm. Leach is not coming here and Canales is head-and-shoulders better than all of our previous hires that you term as "projects". He has been a BCS coordinator at programs in the top 25. He has shown he can win AT NORTH TEXAS and he is very positive about the program. He is like the perfect combination of bowl-run Dickey and positive-attitude Dodge.

• Upvote 2

Still the majority of votes indicate that a known commodity HFC is head and shoulders above any other specific kind of coach for North Texas.

That part has not changed since the beginning of this poll, either.

I hope Neinas will help put an end to this smack board mob-esque intellect and non-sense very soon. It has been quite an educational experience and validates what some of us have known for too damn long about why we have not done much nationally or on a ranked basis for close to 40 years. We have met the enemy and the enemy is... ;)

GMG!

To me, the vote seems to indicate that Canales is ahead of 6 of the 7 known commodity hfc's. Canales has over 20% of the vote. Only Leach has more votes. Leach is a proven coach, but I can't see him coming to UNT under any circumstances. If Nienas can land Leach for North Texas, then he would have earned every penny of that $40,000. Every rational UNT fan knows are chances of landing Leach are about as good as us signing the #1 recruiting class in the nation next season. This fact elevates Canales to the top spot in the poll.

When we win on Saturday, and more fans change there vote to Canales, what new argument will you create to try and substantiate not supporting him for the head coaching job? I know you care about this program. You wouldn't spend your time on this blog of you didn't, but I can't understand why people don't respect the wins that have resulted from Canales taking over as the interm head coach.

Why is a nationally proven head coach, who has proven nothing at UNT a better option then our nationally unproven interm coach, that has proven he can win at North Texas?

• Upvote 2

To me, the vote seems to indicate that Canales is ahead of 6 of the 7 known commodity hfc's. Canales has over 20% of the vote. Only Leach has more votes. Leach is a proven coach, but I can't see him coming to UNT under any circumstances. If Nienas can land Leach for North Texas, then he would have earned every penny of that $40,000. Every rational UNT fan knows are chances of landing Leach are about as good as us signing the #1 recruiting class in the nation next season. This fact elevates Canales to the top spot in the poll.

When we win on Saturday, and more fans change there vote to Canales, what new argument will you create to try and substantiate not supporting him for the head coaching job? I know you care about this program. You wouldn't spend your time on this blog of you didn't, but I can't understand why people don't respect the wins that have resulted from Canales taking over as the interm head coach.

Why is a nationally proven head coach, who has proven nothing at UNT a better option then our nationally unproven interm coach, that has proven he can win at North Texas?

Plumm definitely wants Jason Garrett fired too even if he wins out. It has been proven that the only way to become a successful head coach is to have head coaching experience before your first head coaching job.

Add up the total votes of those who want a proven FBS HFS from all those in the poll who meet that FBS HFC criteria, not matching one against the other. No, I don't think Leach is in the mix & really never did but the people who voted for him in Harry's poll is still an indication that they want a proven FBS HFC, right? ;)

I know one who runs a computer bank in Fort Worth and the manager (afriend from the tech school business) who runs it who could really stuff the ballot box on this poll from about 25 computers, but that would make this poll even more as un-scientific as it already is--even though most the voters that voted for proven FBS performers want a new direction in this hire). (Jeez, will this group still be campaigning for Chico after Prez' Rawlins announces someone else)? :unsure:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1