T.oddrick Gotcher

MeanGreenTexan

Cooley/Scrappy03/HoopmanX/anyone else with an eye on local talent...

It appears that Toddrick Gotcher has visited campus several times. He's got plenty of offers from some good programs too. How does he stack up against some of the other players UNT is after, and with all of his visits, is he close to committing?

I've been hearing for months that he's done to Texas Tech, FWIW.

Some rumor that he's waiting around for an actual Baylor offer, much like all the Seawolves, if only b/c something fishy is going on w/Lawrence Johns. Baylor wants to get Quincy Miller & Deuce bello on campus, to see if they can get Bello to verbal first. If not, they may fall back on Gotcher. Not sure what else they have brewing.

I've been hearing for months that he's done to Texas Tech, FWIW.

Some rumor that he's waiting around for an actual Baylor offer, much like all the Seawolves, if only b/c something fishy is going on w/Lawrence Johns. Baylor wants to get Quincy Miller & Deuce bello on campus, to see if they can get Bello to verbal first. If not, they may fall back on Gotcher. Not sure what else they have brewing.

According to Rivals, he already has a Baylor offer?

According to Rivals, he already has a Baylor offer?

it's not a commitable offer. Tons of kids think they have offers, then ask school site publishers to update the offer list, after giving an interview. football offers are very different than hoops offers. Many lists on rivals/scout/espn are what the kid says, w/o independant staff verification etc. I'm friendly w/quite a few recruit coordinators via my job, and I can't tell you how many times an offer will be listed, where the kid just can't committ.

Gotcher is Chip Armelin. Don't hold your breath.

All signs are that the kid is going to dangle out for a BCS level offer. And frankly, I like the 2 and 3 we've already landed in the past 6 months better than him. With McGhee and Jordan Williams here for the next 3-4 years, he's less critical than landing Abram/York or one of the interior players.

If he decides to come here, that's great and he'd be an asset. But my expectations are about as close to zero as you can get and my level of sorrow over potentially not landing him is even less.

The guy I'm really curious to hear about is Terran Petteway, the guy that Cooley likes so much for us. Sounds like a taller, better option.

it's not a commitable offer. Tons of kids think they have offers, then ask school site publishers to update the offer list, after giving an interview. football offers are very different than hoops offers. Many lists on rivals/scout/espn are what the kid says, w/o independant staff verification etc. I'm friendly w/quite a few recruit coordinators via my job, and I can't tell you how many times an offer will be listed, where the kid just can't committ.

Man thank you for clearing the air. If you think about it, these guys calling and talking to recruits on behalf of schools are trying to get them to say they are interested in their school. The kids don't want to disappoint them. Also a kid can say that he has offers from schools when he doesn't. A lot of times these offers can have strings attched ie if you make the test score required or if we don't get this other kid that we want but may not come etc... I love recruiting as much as the next guy and I like that there are more outlets for information but there are inaccuracies.

HoopsManX your information is good and we appreciate having you on here.

What's the story on coach Lutz leaving you guys ? He sure is doing work in DFW w/ Creighton

Lutz is a young dynamo on the trail that was completely held back by Doh. Doh plays games w/scholarships, spends too much time evaluating, and doesn't take staff contributions easily etc. Prime example is Groselle, who Doh just never really liked, then slowplayed. Lutz would have grabbed him and run over a year ago. Kid is a basketball legacy at SMU and got fed up. As for the Creighton job itself, he's finding it a fairly easy sell. 15000 fans per game, basketball first school etc. Beyond that, they gave him more money and McDermott has a 8-10 year deal.

Lutz had no help at SMU, none. So much staff turnover etc.

Edited by HoopManX

Lutz is a young dynamo on the trail that was completely held back by Doh. Doh plays games w/scholarships, spends too much time evaluating, and doesn't take staff contributions easily etc. Prime example is Groselle, who Doh just never really liked, then slowplayed. Lutz would have grabbed him and run over a year ago. Kid is a basketball legacy at SMU and got fed up. As for the Creighton job itself, he's finding it a fairly easy sell. 15000 fans per game, basketball first school etc.

Lutz had no help at SMU, none. So much staff turnover etc.

Thanks for the info. I guess you guys didn't wrap up Jalen Jones this weekend ?

Thanks for the info. I guess you guys didn't wrap up Jalen Jones this weekend ?

I would doubt it, nor do I think the SMU staff thought it would get done this weekend. Most are confused as to why they'd bring in Jones & Drye on the same weekend, when they are telling both thet are wings. Obviously, the big weekend for SMU hoops recruits will be SMU/TCU in a few weeks. I think Cannen Cunningham, Karim York, Anthony Walker, Amir Garrett, possibly Keaton Miles and a few others are up that weekend.