Texas Roadhouse

Marty

My wife and I stopped at the new Texas Roadhouse just south of Denton on I-35 to eat last Saturday. Very UNT friendly! Mean Green helmet and jersey (#34) and Lady Eagle basketball jersey on your left as you enter and a huge collage on the north wall of Brad Kassell and various others(cheerleaders, etc). The hostess and waitress were both UNT students as I'm sure were most of them. The foods not bad either.

Texas Roadhouse is the best. It has become a second home to some of my friends on Thursday nights...its so bad they have their own reserved spot on the bar.... rolleyes.gif

We actually will be up there tonight.

Marty, that is funny you posted this cause the other night I saw that huge North Texas mural for the first time and I loved it and thought about posting that. Its really good. It has the stadium in the backgroud with some of the players, the cheerleaders, I think the NT flag and some other stuff in the foreground. Lots of school spirit!

Too bad they don't have $1 margaritas anymore..... sad.giftongue.gif

I know it was posted that this is on I35 just south of town, but are there any better directions? Such as what exit off of I35, cross streets, etc... I am guessing by the name that they serve the standard burgers, steaks, chicken, etc...

I am not sure if there is an exit past Mayhill (if there is take that one), but I would take the Mayhill exit (by the hospital) and stay on the service road. Continue going North on the service road and TR will be on your right. Hope that helps..........I am sure somebody could explain it better than me.

A national chain like Texas Roadhouse (140 locations in 28 states) knows that it is good business to support the local University. Why is it so hard for the locally owned businesses to do the same? They should be ashamed everytime they take a students dollar!

It is bad when they don't support the local school....even worse when they appear to support your main competition. Down here in Waco we have George's, which can be seen in the latest Maxim magazine as Bar O' the Month. Several months ago they got new t-shirts for the staff to wear.....in maroon and burnt orange. Now the Texas Roadhouse in Waco does do a decent job of having Baylor stuff on the walls. Anyway, just thought I would throw my two cents in about area restaurants supporting the local school.