Unt Clemsonof A B*** Watching In Houston?

Last year the Ball State watching party was held at the Fox and The Hound on Westheimer and our area was pretty full. I would guess 30-40 people were there throughout the night.

I wish we had 30-40 people... It was more like 20, and the rest of the people had nothing to do with NT - the manager on duty let them take prime tables in what was supposed to be a private room. :angry:

Unfortunately, I don't have time anymore to arrange game-watching parties for what is now a non-functioning alumni chapter. It was easy to get 20 or so people back when we were winning, and when the games were only on GamePlan (meaning that people would come to a game watching party rather than paying to watch at home). But the Clemson game is on ESPNU.

If enough of us want to get together, I'll come, and probably can convince some friends to come as well. Part of the problem is that we're so spread out - SW Houston/Sugar Land, 249/1960, The Woodlands, Kingwood, Clear Lake/Galveston...

But I didn't care for Texadelphia - the TVs are too small, and we wouldn't have a dedicated area to watch our game. Besides, the two times I've gone there to try to watch a game, they said they would have it, both times the game was blacked out - they didn't make an effort to find out.

Here's a few other choices:

- We could try Fox & Hound again

- SRO at Northwest Mall - they've always treated us pretty well

- Buffalo Wild Wings - if someone knows the manager at one, maybe they'd give us a big screen. This would also be a good choice to have smaller local gatherings, since there's quite a few in the Houston area.

I wish we had 30-40 people... It was more like 20, and the rest of the people had nothing to do with NT - the manager on duty let them take prime tables in what was supposed to be a private room. :angry:

Unfortunately, I don't have time anymore to arrange game-watching parties for what is now a non-functioning alumni chapter. It was easy to get 20 or so people back when we were winning, and when the games were only on GamePlan (meaning that people would come to a game watching party rather than paying to watch at home). But the Clemson game is on ESPNU.

If enough of us want to get together, I'll come, and probably can convince some friends to come as well. Part of the problem is that we're so spread out - SW Houston/Sugar Land, 249/1960, The Woodlands, Kingwood, Clear Lake/Galveston...

But I didn't care for Texadelphia - the TVs are too small, and we wouldn't have a dedicated area to watch our game. Besides, the two times I've gone there to try to watch a game, they said they would have it, both times the game was blacked out - they didn't make an effort to find out.

- Buffalo Wild Wings - if someone knows the manager at one, maybe they'd give us a big screen. This would also be a good choice to have smaller local gatherings, since there's quite a few in the Houston area.

With the advent of Social Media becoming evermore common....and an obvious increase in fan base of the team and our school....you shouldn't have a prob reestablishing a decent crew of Alum in the area. Start a Facebook page for Houston Alum....then if you really wanna help out look for Alum in your area through the browse filter and send invites to as many as you can. It starts there and the worst you can say in the end is that you tried. Best of luck! GMG!

With the advent of Social Media becoming evermore common....and an obvious increase in fan base of the team and our school....you shouldn't have a prob reestablishing a decent crew of Alum in the area. Start a Facebook page for Houston Alum....then if you really wanna help out look for Alum in your area through the browse filter and send invites to as many as you can. It starts there and the worst you can say in the end is that you tried. Best of luck! GMG!

Yes, yes... But it takes a core group who has the time to be the leaders, AND support and guidance from the Alumni Association. I don't have time to lead, but I'm more than willing to follow.

Well...take your pick and I will show up ! Anyone else?

From one who has been there/done that and continues to "do it", I can tell you that it doesn't take that much time to call a couple of places and set something up. The Alumni Association would be more than willing to send you some "stuff" to display and the athletic dept. would probably be willing to do the same if you gave them a call. It took the Denton Chapter a couple of 2 or 3 tries to get things going again, but if you pick a place...stay with it...and establish a relationship with the manager, things seem to work pretty smoothly and with very little work required other than a few phone calls. The Alumni Assoc. will have Army watching parties and I think Houston is on the list, but check with Rob McKinney at the Alumni offices and he can tell you for certain if so and where. You might could then follow-up with that place and see if they would host a Clemson game party as well.

One thing you will hear is that the place/time, etc. you selected is bad, in the wrong location, etc., etc. But, you have to just keep trying and keep letting people know that you would be more than willing for them to help make it better...ask them to volunteer. Some will, and that's a very good thing indeed...those that don't will often stop complaining about the effort you are trying to make when they aren't willing to help at all. Don't get discouraged, you will find it rewarding in getting to meet new UNT friends and in enjoying a time with other members of the Mean Green Nation. If you want any help from "afar", send me a PM and I'll do what I can to help.

I wish you luck...STIX...don't give up!

• Downvote 1