Osu Regents Call Wednesday Meeting

gangrene

OSU regents call Wednesday meeting on conference realignment

Beebe's plan, helped along with Fox Sports television, promises future payouts of perhaps $17 million per year for Big 12 schools, which would more than double the current TV income for many of the Big 12 members. The setup also would allow individual schools to establish their own networks, which is very appealing to Texas and Oklahoma.

Now that I know that Fox Sports is involved, I predict complete and utter failure for the Big XII network, the Longhorn network, the Sooner network and any other deal that involves the former Home Sports Network. Nothing against Fox Sports, but I've worked with them enough to know that they are one of the most disorganized entities in television today. The Big XII, Texas and OU better get that $17 million guaranteed, with no out clauses and a contract signed in blood if they hope to collect in full.

This sounds like the XFL on NBC all over again.

OSU regents call Wednesday meeting on conference realignment

Beebe's plan, helped along with Fox Sports television, promises future payouts of perhaps $17 million per year for Big 12 schools, which would more than double the current TV income for many of the Big 12 members. The setup also would allow individual schools to establish their own networks, which is very appealing to Texas and Oklahoma.

Now that I know that Fox Sports is involved, I predict complete and utter failure for the Big XII network, the Longhorn network, the Sooner network and any other deal that involves the former Home Sports Network. Nothing against Fox Sports, but I've worked with them enough to know that they are one of the most disorganized entities in television today. The Big XII, Texas and OU better get that $17 million guaranteed, with no out clauses and a contract signed in blood if they hope to collect in full.

This sounds like the XFL on NBC all over again.

I miss the good old HSE days.