Jordan Case - Park Place Lexus Event

KRAM1

I just wanted to take a second...well, maybe a bit more...to say what a nice event Jordan case and Park Place Lexus hosted last evening for UNT. The food was great...everything from brisket to sushi, and the adult beverages were outstanding! Even had a guest appearance by two-time Dancing With the Stars winner and current country music star, Julianne Hough (one could have their photo taken with Ms Hough should they wish). Both RV and TD spoke abut the program and facilities and how both are seeing excellent progress. It was very little "sales pitch" and very much how UNT should stop thinking of itself as a "beer and pretzels" program and start realizing and believing that it is a "champagne and scotch" program.

I had the opportunity to speak to both RV and Todd and Elizabeth Dodge (even got RV and TD to sign my stadium hard hat), and many Mean Green faithful. Believe it or not even Lee Jackson was in attendance.

Both RV and TD stressed how UNT needs more season ticket sales and how important it is for the players to see a "sea of green" when they enter the stadium. They talked about how hard the players are working and how very set they are on making 2010 a winning season.

One thing that struck me as important came from RV last evening and it is something I have been trying to get across to certain folks for some time...it is about UNT and one's support for THEIR SCHOOL. It's not always about the W's and L's! RV mentioned that when Lou Holtz took over at South Carolina he won few if any games in his first two seasons but the stands had 80,000 plus fans for every game. Why? Because the grads, fans and current student body supported the University...it was their school win, lose or draw. I just stood there thinking why UNT was "different" when it comes to that, and it came to me that it doesn't have to be all that different, and how much progress has been made in recent years to upgrade the facilities and the programs at UNT. If you think about it at all, think about the progress that has been made in tennis, basketball, golf, swimming, volleyball, softball (UNT BEAT TEXAS no less), soccer and yes, even football in the last few years. UNT has that stadium going vertical that it has needed (and many AD's have promised) for so long.

Anyway, nice event last evening. If you were there I am sure you will agree about the quality of the event, and maybe you could add a line or two. If you couldn't make it, I would encourage you to try to make any future event hosted by Jordan Case and/or park Place Lexus...great job!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I just wanted to take a second...well, maybe a bit more...to say what a nice event Jordan case and Park Place Lexus hosted last evening for UNT. The food was great...everything from brisket to sushi, and the adult beverages were outstanding! Even had a guest appearance by two-time Dancing With the Stars winner and current country music star, Julianne Hough (one could have their photo taken with Ms Hough should they wish). Both RV and TD spoke abut the program and facilities and how both are seeing excellent progress. It was very little "sales pitch" and very much how UNT should stop thinking of itself as a "beer and pretzels" program and start realizing and believing that it is a "champagne and scotch" program.

I had the opportunity to speak to both RV and Todd and Elizabeth Dodge (even got RV and TD to sign my stadium hard hat), and many Mean Green faithful. Believe it or not even Lee Jackson was in attendance.

Both RV and TD stressed how UNT needs more season ticket sales and how important it is for the players to see a "sea of green" when they enter the stadium. They talked about how hard the players are working and how very set they are on making 2010 a winning season.

One thing that struck me as important came from RV last evening and it is something I have been trying to get across to certain folks for some time...it is about UNT and one's support for THEIR SCHOOL. It's not always about the W's and L's! RV mentioned that when Lou Holtz took over at South Carolina he won few if any games in his first two seasons but the stands had 80,000 plus fans for every game. Why? Because the grads, fans and current student body supported the University...it was their school win, lose or draw. I just stood there thinking why UNT was "different" when it comes to that, and it came to me that it doesn't have to be all that different, and how much progress has been made in recent years to upgrade the facilities and the programs at UNT. If you think about it at all, think about the progress that has been made in tennis, basketball, golf, swimming, volleyball, softball (UNT BEAT TEXAS no less), soccer and yes, even football in the last few years. UNT has that stadium going vertical that it has needed (and many AD's have promised) for so long.

Anyway, nice event last evening. If you were there I am sure you will agree about the quality of the event, and maybe you could add a line or two. If you couldn't make it, I would encourage you to try to make any future event hosted by Jordan Case and/or park Place Lexus...great job!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I attended this as well. Great event.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Great to hear...sorry I missed the event...some sushi sounds great right now! In investigating the Softball Results this year we have also beat a couple of other teams of interest including

Baylor (twice)

Arkansas (smack down city)

and we had nailbitters with both OK and Colorado State. Way to go girls!