How Do We Matchup Against State?

Harry

Back to the original topic. After some review, I don't like this matchup for us. I would have much rather been a 14 seed and drew Baylor (that damn Sam Houston!!). But, it's the tournament, and anything can happen. This team is full of scrappers, and if this thing is close at the end, we all know we will win (we have every close game in the last month and a half).

We really need to avoid our typical slow start. Basketball is all about confidence, and a slow start in this game will spell doom for the Mean Green. I hope to see a lot of Alzee lock up on that lightening quick guard of theirs. Lock him down, force him to make his typical bad decisions, and we have a chance. Force the game inside, both offensively and defensively. I know the matchups don't favor us there, but I have faith that George and Eric will find a way.

< 10 turnovers is a MUST for this game. We have to take care of the ball much better than we have all season, even through the SBC tournament run.

Back to the original topic. After some review, I don't like this matchup for us. I would have much rather been a 14 seed and drew Baylor (that damn Sam Houston!!). But, it's the tournament, and anything can happen. This team is full of scrappers, and if this thing is close at the end, we all know we will win (we have every close game in the last month and a half).

We really need to avoid our typical slow start. Basketball is all about confidence, and a slow start in this game will spell doom for the Mean Green. I hope to see a lot of Alzee lock up on that lightening quick guard of theirs. Lock him down, force him to make his typical bad decisions, and we have a chance. Force the game inside, both offensively and defensively. I know the matchups don't favor us there, but I have faith that George and Eric will find a way.

< 10 turnovers is a MUST for this game. We have to take care of the ball much better than we have all season, even through the SBC tournament run.

But we are in OKC so we will draw a huge crowd, right? I mean the advantage of having 10,000 people in green will be huge. Stats simply cannot account for the fans rubbing down our players muscles during every time out. I fully expect every student, alumnus, and staff member to make the trek to OKC. 15 SEED BABY THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED. WOOOOOO!!!!

this is my first encounter with the university of north texas, I really hope not all of you are complete dumbasses like this guy

I'm sorry....do we allow Canadians in this room??? What on earth would cause a Canadian to want to pack up and move to the corn country anyway? A fetish for farm animals or is merely cause you suck that bad?

Don't know how we finished but with about a week to go we led the nation in foul shots made. So we have another strength in common.

NCAA stats thru 3/11/10

Free Throw %

#77 North Texas 639 of 890 (71.8%)

#242 Kansas State 642 or 963 (66.7%)

Mean Green much better at the line.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Guest JohnDenver

You guys have a strange obsession with homosexuality. Weird.

Weird. I look up "Ching" on these interwebs and it pulls up very bad and disturbing things.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ching

Yes stating facts makes me a dumbass. Great to see that worthless education you paid for is working for you in the great state of Kansas. Enjoy serving my kids fries on our way to a ski trip....

facts? You dumbfrack, jacob pullen has 1300 points and isn't even in the top 5 for all-time scoring. But that has nothing to do with the Fact that kansas state will beat north texas by a lot, and you're an idiot if you think they even have a chance.

facts? You dumbfrack, jacob pullen has 1300 points and isn't even in the top 5 for all-time scoring. But that has nothing to do with the Fact that kansas state will beat north texas by a lot, and you're an idiot if you think they even have a chance.

What the hell is a dumbfrack? I'm not even sure if he should be embarrassed by being called that or that you should be embarrassed for using that term? Stupid Canadians...Is that a canadian way of cussing? Surely you could come up with something more creative than dumbfrack. Don't be such a "ski" next time...Mr. Fatty Fat Fat

(disclaimer...I will not be running for politics in my lifetime)

Edited by All About UNT
  • Upvote 1

Are those candian points or american points?

• Upvote 3

Our secret weapon is in our dance moves.

Eat this as a secret weapon!

secret weapon!

It's funny when people apply dramatic symphony type music to video highlights of things that any average team should be able to do. Is that supposed to impress me? Like I've never seen anyone dunk the ball, or make a 3 pointer before. I bet if I had video highlights of my best ******** with that music in the background, it would impress you just as much as this video.

• Upvote 7

It's funny when people apply dramatic symphony type music to video highlights of things that any average team should be able to do. Is that supposed to impress me? Like I've never seen anyone dunk the ball, or make a 3 pointer before. I bet if I had video highlights of my best ******** with that music in the background, it would impress you just as much as this video.

WOW.

That is some intense comedy, man. Plus one for as long as it lasts.

Does North Texas have a chance? Yes, I say we win this game once for every 15 times it is played. A small chance, but yes it is a chance.

15-seeds have knocked off 2-seeds when they are very good. UNT is very good.

UNT has the third longest win streak in the nation right now... I hope the Wildcats are as overconfident as their fans.