New Tt Info Tuberville's Plans

OldTimer

"Tech is officially is in transition mode with the program now in the hands of a defensive guru who perfers winning games by scores of 14-10, not 45-41. That will require a change of mind-set within the Tech locker room as well within the schools fan base.

Tuberville made it clear during his news conference that he INTENDS TO BRING IN HIS OWN COORDINATORS. That means goodby to Ruffin Nc Neill, Tech's popular defensive coordinator unless he accepts a lesser position and that won't happen.

Tuberville made no bones about his quest to hire new offensive and defensive coordinators who reflect his views and all but said McNeill will not be a part of his program.

Tech President Guy Balley believes the players....who desperately wanted the Raiders to promote McNeill to head coach ...will ralllyl around Tuberville.

These comments, to me, indicate Tech is going to lose some of its recruits and players...as well as fan base.

Our former special teams coach Eric Russell was special teams coach at Tech under Leach. Wonder if he is interested in coming back?

He wanted to stay in the first place. I doubt he would come back, especially knowing that he is well regarded as a good coach in ST and that Dodge staff probably only has one more season. I think he may be retained by Tuberville.

he got burned by a troy coach before, no way.

Troy offensive coordinator talking to Texas Tech

By Drew Champlin

Published: January 11, 2010

Updated: January 11, 2010

Troy offensive coordinator Neal Brown is in talks with Texas Tech about becoming its new offensive coordinator, Trojans head coach Larry Blakeney confirmed Monday. Brown is scheduled to talk to new Tech head coach Tommy Tuberville today at the American Football Coaches Association coaches’ convention in Orlando Monday.

“Neal called and told me he had been contacted by a representative of Texas Tech and they wanted to talk to him,“ Blakeney said. “That’s all I know at this point. There’s certainly issues Neal will have to sort through. Other than that, I’m sorta helpless.“

[...]

-> http://www2.dothaneagle.com/dea/sports/c...ch/121651/

he got burned by a troy coach before, no way.

Also... I am a little curious how Tub hiring Tony Franklin away from Troy for one season and then firing him as a scapegoat is getting "burned" by a Troy coach? It worked out pretty good for the MUTS as TF ended up there but how do you feel that Tub was wronged by TF? (Honestly, I don't know the whole story - just what has been written on the Belt board)

Why is this on the Mean Green Football thread? Not saying it isn't worthy of discussion, but we do seem to be getting further and further away from "Mean Green Football" in this section...too much TT, McCoy, UT vs Ala, etc. stuff that really has no reason to be in this section. Why not move them where they might better fit?

Just asking...

Also... I am a little curious how Tub hiring Tony Franklin away from Troy for one season and then firing him as a scapegoat is getting "burned" by a Troy coach? It worked out pretty good for the MUTS as TF ended up there but how do you feel that Tub was wronged by TF? (Honestly, I don't know the whole story - just what has been written on the Belt board)

tuberville was trying to re invent auburns offense to a spread and hired franklin to do it. it failed badly and they did not get along as well. just a bad hire for him so surprised to see him looking again at troy for help.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/10/frankl...rns_offens.html

Why is this on the Mean Green Football thread? Not saying it isn't worthy of discussion, but we do seem to be getting further and further away from "Mean Green Football" in this section...too much TT, McCoy, UT vs Ala, etc. stuff that really has no reason to be in this section. Why not move them where they might better fit?

Just asking...

Because TT does affect NT and other colleges....their HS recruits and year end JC are just commits...if TT fires not only Leach but the offensive and defensive coordinators...a lot of their recruites (including current players) are rethinking their commits and might reopen to other schools....NT had offerred at least 3 of their commits and a JC from Butler might change to NT...You've already seen that happening to Kansas.

Because TT does affect NT and other colleges....their HS recruits and year end JC are just commits...if TT fires not only Leach but the offensive and defensive coordinators...a lot of their recruites (including current players) are rethinking their commits and might reopen to other schools....NT had offerred at least 3 of their commits and a JC from Butler might change to NT...You've already seen that happening to Kansas.

Also, Tech hiring the offensive coordinator away from a conference mate could have an impact on the competitive situation in our conference.

A lot of stuff gets put here that doesn't belong, but this thread is very relevant to UNT Football.