Double Standard Dems Strike Again

These people simply amaze me with what they are getting away with, and how they apply the old double standard. Reid should resign.

Reid Should Reisgn

"The Republican Party chairman on Sunday accused Democrats of a double standard by accepting Sen. Harry Reid's apology for racial remarks about Barack Obama instead of demanding Reid's ouster as majority leader.

In a private conversation reported in a new book, Reid described Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign as a "light-skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

Edited by DeepGreen

These people simply amaze me with what they are getting away with, and how they apply the old double standard. Reid should resign.

Reid Should Reisgn

"The Republican Party chairman on Sunday accused Democrats of a double standard by accepting Sen. Harry Reid's apology for racial remarks about Barack Obama instead of demanding Reid's ouster as majority leader.

In a private conversation reported in a new book, Reid described Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign as a "light-skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

So called him a African-American and a Negro? Was he too light skinned to be black?

Was this a shot, an observation at the time or a compliment to developing a voter core?

Double standard is just another name for today's democrat party. Seems I recall another speaker being forced to resign his position for something similar. Why is the same fate not appropriate for this "gentleman"?

But, again, what would you expect these days from the "power" party in DC? 2010 elections simply cannot get here fast enough.

Double standard is just another name for today's democrat party. Seems I recall another speaker being forced to resign his position for something similar. Why is the same fate not appropriate for this "gentleman"?

But, again, what would you expect these days from the "power" party in DC? 2010 elections simply cannot get here fast enough.

I'm fully behind Reid leaving, but not until after Joe Wilson is gone.

I'm fully behind Reid leaving, but not until after Joe Wilson is gone.

Why? This whole thing is stupid.

I don't care if there is a doube standard, I'm tired of gotcha politics.

Trent Lott shouldn't have been drumed out of the leadership because he complimented someone at their 100th birthday party.

Joe Wilson shouldn't be shoved out of office for calling the President a Liar. (true or not)

Harry Reid should not be made to resign from his leadership role or his seat for these comments.

We shouldn't be spending our time scoreboarding and getting slam dunks because someone said something that A. isn't that inappropriate and B. was probably not so bad when you consider the context. We should instead be concerned with and talking about the ideas in these peoples heads and the agenda they are trying to push. In this case Reid is trying to push an agenda I believe is very dangerous for this country. This non-issue is a distraction from that and even if drumed out, the next Democrat in line for his spot is going to take the issue and run with it.

I'd like to leave the score borading and gotcha politics to the Democrats and rise above it personally. Let's quit treating politics like a high-school gotcha game.

Why? This whole thing is stupid.

I don't care if there is a doube standard, I'm tired of gotcha politics.

Trent Lott shouldn't have been drumed out of the leadership because he complimented someone at their 100th birthday party.

Joe Wilson shouldn't be shoved out of office for calling the President a Liar. (true or not)

Harry Reid should not be made to resign from his leadership role or his seat for these comments.

We shouldn't be spending our time scoreboarding and getting slam dunks because someone said something that A. isn't that inappropriate and B. was probably not so bad when you consider the context. We should instead be concerned with and talking about the ideas in these peoples heads and the agenda they are trying to push. In this case Reid is trying to push an agenda I believe is very dangerous for this country. This non-issue is a distraction from that and even if drumed out, the next Democrat in line for his spot is going to take the issue and run with it.

I'd like to leave the score borading and gotcha politics to the Democrats and rise above it personally. Let's quit treating politics like a high-school gotcha game.

Ditto... The republicans, if they wanted to be the "bigger man" would just say that they thought the remarks might be innappropriate and move on. Let the voters decide. If it is a big enough issue then use the language in the campaign if you have to but there is no way that Reid is getting pushed out of ofice until the voters do so.

As for the Strom Thurmond / Trent Lott thing... probably just as overblown. The comments weren't as bad as some would have liked them to have been... I did meet Strom Thrumond in the Capital building in 99. I was a Senior in High School and in DC on a National Leadership Retreat. He shook my hand and the hands of the two girls that I was walking around the capital building with and then asked one of them if she wanted to "Sit on ole' Strommy's lap". I promptly bid fairwell to the Senator and the three of us left with me laughing hysterically as soon as we were out of earshot. More than 10 years later and that is still funny.