Strength/conditioning Dept..internship Positions Open

OldTimer

Thought this would be interesting...new progam at NT.

Tuesday November 24, 2009

The University of North Texas: Strength and Conditioning Department is looking to fill Internship positions for the Spring Semester 2010, beginning January 19th. Application deadline is January 4th. The responsibilities for this internship position include: 1.) Assist coaches in the training of all UNT athletes. 2.) Perform daily maintenance of weight room and equipment. 3.) Educational projects will be given weekly. Preferred qualifications for this position include: completed or currently pursuing Master’s Degree in Exercise Science; prior experience in strength and conditioning setting; and playing experience in collegiate athletics. CSCS, CSCCa, USAW and/or CPR certification is recommended. All applicants must have a strong aspiration to become a full-time strength and conditioning coach. No monetary compensation will be given. Please e-mail cover letter, resume and 3 references to Rick Lefebvre, Assistant Director of Speed, Strength and Conditioning, ricky.lefebvre@unt.edu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assisted with the internship program at the Baylor-Tom Landry Center in Dallas for a couple of years. The interns were not paid and we had applicants from all over the country. Yes, I said applicants. We turned many away. Unpaid internships are extremely common as the interns recieve a grade and credit for their time during their internship.

I assisted with the internship program at the Baylor-Tom Landry Center in Dallas for a couple of years. The interns were not paid and we had applicants from all over the country. Yes, I said applicants. We turned many away. Unpaid internships are extremely common as the interns recieve a grade and credit for their time during their internship.

Plus they graduate with real world experience that they can put on a resume.

I see this as an excellent opportunity for both the student interns and for UNT. Good to see the Athletic Dept. doing this. Has this been done in the recent past at UNT? Anyone know if this is NEW for UNT or simply the continuation of an ongoing program?

I like it!!!! :clapping:

But you can also say that you also get what you pay for.......... :mellow:

Probably not such a large disparity when the qualifications state they are looking for someone with a Masters degree or someone seeking one. When I was working on my Masters, we had to complete an internship as a graduation requirement. Paid or not, you'll take the internship if you want to graduate.