Kansas State Trying To Get Out Of Game In Denton

SUMG

Texas State at San Marcos had MISERABLE attendance this year - during their "Drive to FBS" - they didn't even get close to 15K. With a winning record, they averaged under 10K for the season. What makes you think that they would all hop in their cars and drive to Denton if they won't even stumble out of their dorm rooms to go see their home team? San Marcos cheers for UT and that is going to take a lot more than a name change to fix. They are a decade away from seriously moving up - the support is not there. Donations have dried up and construction has been completed. They threw a party and nobody showed up.

Whoa. Okay, can we assume they'll bring more away fans than FIU? FAU? LAMO? LALA? I mean, let's not pick apart everything everyone on this board says. I think we're still on the same side, yeah?

Also, whether we like it or not, we've played them more than anyone else in our history. They can say the same for us.

Graduates of schools in Texas end up in one of three places if they stay in state. One of those is DFW. I'm guessing they have alum in the area................

Edited by Eagle1855

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Graduates of schools in Texas end up in one of three places if they stay in state. One of those is DFW. I'm guessing they have alum in the area................

So which town is out Austin, San Antonio, or Houston?

Just kidding.

Whoa. Okay, can we assume they'll bring more away fans than FIU? FAU? LAMO? LALA? I mean, let's not pick apart everything everyone on this board says. I think we're still on the same side, yeah?

Also, whether we like it or not, we've played them more than anyone else in our history. They can say the same for us.

Sorry, I was just saying that it was a lose-lose situation. If you beat them, so what? You beat a IAA team. If you lose to them it is the end of the world. People ask why we don't play IAA (FCS) teams but we have - until this year WKU was IAA/IA transitional... Before that - FIU and FAU were IAA transitional. We have had a IAA on our schedule in some fashion for the last 5 years. It was just named "transitional" instead of FCS...

Also, FCS teams have advantages, they are allowed to bring in transfers that do not sit out a year. A IAA can get up for one game like this and knock off an FBS school with more talent. It is just not a good measuring stick for the team. We are better off scheduling Rice, Houston, the MAC teams, Tulsa, etc.. those are teams that we can play and really get something out of. Besides, South Alabama is moving up to IAA (FCS) next year and will be on our schedule so there is your IAA team if you want one. They will be on our schedule anyways as they move to Div I and into the Belt. The 500 fans that Texas STate and San Marcos might or might not bring will not spend enogh money or contribute to the game atmosphere enough to outweigh the potential problems of a loss.

Now - if you wanted to play Texas Southern or some other Historically Black College - I would be for that. They would bring a HUGE crowd, one of the best bands in the country, and a real show to town. Those teams would be worth the risk of a loss because we would gain monetarily from it. With TS @ San Marcos - it isn't worth the risk in my humble opinion.

Edited by stebo

Now - if you wanted to play Texas Southern or some other Historically Black College - I would be for that. They would bring a HUGE crowd, one of the best bands in the country, and a real show to town. Those teams would be worth the risk of a loss because we would gain monetarily from it. With TS @ San Marcos - it isn't worth the risk in my humble opinion.

Fair enough.

And I'm totally down for bringing in Texas Southern or Prairie View. As a Houston native, I've seen plenty of halftime shows and it is truly a unique experience. (I know, Aggies- yall have a cute halftime show too).

Fair enough.

And I'm totally down for bringing in Texas Southern or Prairie View. As a Houston native, I've seen plenty of halftime shows and it is truly a unique experience. (I know, Aggies- yall have a cute halftime show too).

Prairie View did a halftime at A&M in 2008. Does that blow your mind?