Tennis Gals Get A #4 Seed

SUMG

the ladies will not play until Friday evening if I saw the draw correctly. Sun Belt is making the #12/13 seeds have a play-in in order to play the #5 Seed, which in turn would play #4 seed. Please go support the ladies at 6:30 PM, the match will be moved to Waranch as the host school has the right to move their matches to their home courts.

I saw Troy live in person 2 weeks ago playing UALR and they will be tough but very up or down and with a nasty attitude, feel sorry for the Umpires in that match.

I am shocked that UNO got a seed and UALR dropped to #11, even though they have wins over ULM.

If they survive the first match should be an interesting match against Denver (I assume Denver without looking at Draw) as they are ranked Top 35 or so.

Good luck to the ladies.

Edited by untbowler

the ladies will not play until Friday evening if I saw the draw correctly. Sun Belt is making the #12/13 seeds have a play-in in order to play the #5 Seed, which in turn would play #4 seed. Please go support the ladies at 6:30 PM, the match will be moved to Waranch as the host school has the right to move their matches to their home courts.

I saw Troy live in person 2 weeks ago playing UALR and they will be tough but very up or down and with a nasty attitude, feel sorry for the Umpires in that match.

I am shocked that UNO got a seed and UALR dropped to #11, even though they have wins over ULM.

If they survive the first match should be an interesting match against Denver (I assume Denver without looking at Draw) as they are ranked Top 35 or so.

Good luck to the ladies.

Friday will be wet. It may not dry up until Saturday evening.

So Close!! At one point, the match was tied at 2 pts apiece, and #5 (Kazarova) was up 3-0 in the third; #1 (Paraschiv) was serving at 2-1 (30-love) in the third; And #2 (Ranganathan) had just come back from down 5-2 in second to make it 4-5, break point. So close. Paraschiv was fighting illness, and nearly passed out after the third point of the fourth game in the third, requiring medical attention. She never recovered. Kazarova lost her lead, but was still in command, and would have won her match. Ranganathan missed an open court down-the-line shot that would have made it 5-5 in the second. So close.

Next year could be very special. Denver loses 4 players. South Alabama is not allowed to recruit international players for the next two years (NCAA violations on the men's side that affects all programs at USA). Should be FIU and UNT battling for supremacy next season.

So Close!! At one point, the match was tied at 2 pts apiece, and #5 (Kazarova) was up 3-0 in the third; #1 (Paraschiv) was serving at 2-1 (30-love) in the third; And #2 (Ranganathan) had just come back from down 5-2 in second to make it 4-5, break point. So close. Paraschiv was fighting illness, and nearly passed out after the third point of the fourth game in the third, requiring medical attention. She never recovered. Kazarova lost her lead, but was still in command, and would have won her match. Ranganathan missed an open court down-the-line shot that would have made it 5-5 in the second. So close.

Next year could be very special. Denver loses 4 players. South Alabama is not allowed to recruit international players for the next two years (NCAA violations on the men's side that affects all programs at USA). Should be FIU and UNT battling for supremacy next season.

Thanks for the update. Saw the score and was nice to see a close match, to bad Irina could not pull it out, but she is only a Freshman. Top 6 all return and should be able to add one more top recruit for next year.

Future looks bright as long as everyone stays put.

Was a little disappointed though in the results at #3 singles in Troy match.

Nice to see this getting some play. I stopped in Denton recently, and ran around the facilities that have been built. The tennis facility is first class and I can only imagine that it is a nice place to watch a tournament. The girls look great and have represented the school well this season.

I also caught a couple of innings of one of the softball games, and am sold. I have never had so much fun at a non-football NT sporting event. It is clear the girls (from both teams) enjoy their sport. Lots of hustle, but it really looks like they are having a great time. The field is awesome and fun to spectate from. I like the tailgaters in right field (mostly students so they don't cost us by not paying for a ticket).

NT hosts the softball tournament in a few weeks. I recommend you go out and see our girls. Lots of fun.

GMG