Special Request To Emmitt

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, ok, so after much thought I have decided to bring back the "Police Files" but in an abridged form. Since what I do now is of a more "privileged" nature I will give out some generalities and make them story-like.

Our newest episode comes from the "things you don't expect people to say with a straight face" category. Last Friday we were running one of my warrants and found two average looking white guys standing outside of the house we were hitting next to their work van. They said they had been hired to paint this particular house but didn't know exactly the address. Anyway, we detained them and conducted our business. When we were done we checked them and found that they both had active warrants. We asked one of the guys "what's your warrant for?" and he replied, "Oh, that's from when I killed my ex-wife." Now, the way he said it so matter of factly is what piqued our curiosity...so of course we wanted the whole scoop.

Seems that in 1989 he was married and living in Garland. He left for work one day and made it to Grand Prairie before he realized he didn't have his work helmet or his gloves. He turned around and headed back home. When he arrived he found his wife in bed with another man. This guy pulls out his gun and shoots the guy who is sticking it to his wife. Then, with 5 bullets still left in the gun, he proceeds to beat his wife to death with the pistol because "I wanted her to suffer." This story would be interesting enough if it ended here, but it doesn't. Our jealous husband then pulls out a knife and scalps both of them. Then he rolled them both up in sleeping bags, tore out the carpet to get rid of the blood evidence, and drove them to an abandoned car lot where he put them underneath a tarp. About a week later he falls asleep at a red light and is stopped by Dallas PD. The officer asked him what the objects hanging from his belt are and he replies "the scalp of my wife and her lover." I can't make this shit up!

Anyway, the guy goes on trial and gets 9 years of which he serves 3...his case was actually a landmark one because it was the last case to be tried in Texas using the "crime of passion" defense.

As a special bonus fact for all of my readers here's a little tidbit that might make you chuckle, I did. This guy, who scalped his ex-wife, is now married to a Navajo woman. I bet that made for some common ground over dinner during their first date. :blink: