Just A Thought

StealthEagle84

Rumor has Hagar transferring to Texas, Tune will sit out next season and Breece Johnson is transfering as well. I also hear Dodge is gonna sign two or three QB's to get four total on the field for spring ball. Anyone know of a good JC who UNT has offered or is the HS kid coming this next semester to replace Tune in the spring?

Hagar wasnt a QB. Oh well he wasnt even offered a scholly, he was a gray shirt. A preferred walk on basically. If he is going to UT its not like he is going to get a ship. He would be walking on there too.

Why would Tune "sit out", wouldn't he just leave. Why would he leave. He's a 3rd string walk on QB, who earned a scolly.

I don't see anyway that Dodge signs that many QB's there is not reason. Vizza, Tune, Dodge, Johnson. Thats 4 right there.

Edited by H-towngreen

Hagar wasnt a QB. Oh well he wasnt even offered a scholly, he was a gray shirt. A preferred walk on basically. If he is going to UT its not like he is going to get a ship. He would be walking on there too.

Why would Tune "sit out", wouldn't he just leave. Why would he leave. He's a 3rd string walk on QB, who earned a scolly.

I don't see anyway that Dodge signs that many QB's there is not reason. Vizza, Tune, Dodge, Johnson. Thats 4 right there.

Is Johnson still at UNT ? He wasn't listed on the roster , but I never heard anything about him leaving

I see great competition at every position. Competition brings out the best in everyone including the coaching staff.

Great battles at QB, RB, DB. Need OL to step up and DL to emerge.

Vizza will no doubt come out on top.

I guess I was real smart with my post. I hate being wrong especially when FFR is always right.

Dodge2007, your way off base. Riley has no business hitting the field next season. He is not even in our starting QB's league. Your reading the hype.

He has a weak ass arm, is a soft player and is a prima donna. He is a "cat" if you know what I mean.

I know I've pissed off a lot of people this off-season with my posts, but this is a prime example of what get's me going. You attack Riley and make accusations that smell of a personal agenda. It is tough being a coach's son because of people like you. Nobody is giving this young man a chance, and he's our best option now.

Let's look back at the facts, or what you refer to as "reading the hype."

Vizza: 2 star recruit with a ranking of 5.3. Had offers from Air Force, Army and Nevada and interest from Oklahoma State and Rice.

Dodge: 3 star recruit with a ranking of 5.7. Had offers from UT, Rice, SMU, Tulsa and Missouri and interest from TTech and OU.

Seems to me the "experts" think highly of his ability.

In the interest of full disclosure, I loved Vizza and thought he should start his Jr. and Sr. years with Riley taking over upon his departure. I also saw the writing on the wall when Dibrell left and wondered about off the field issues when a picture was briefly posted of Vizza and Dibrell. Vizza's performance this year was not the same as his freshman season and I won't speculate as to why, plus it doesn't do any of us any good at this point as he has made his decision to leave.

I wish Vizza success in the future, but Riley more success as it appears he is now the QB of my team. I would ask each of you to give the young man a fair shake, although I don't see that happening because he will always be labeled the "coach's son" and that's not fair to Riley.