Sudden Death OT in NFL

UNTFan23

IMHO, I think the NFL needs to go by the NCAA rules for overtime, especially in the playoffs. The Steelers never had a chance when they lost the coin toss. It just doesn't leave a good feeling knowing that the game could be decided by a coin toss. blink.gifunsure.gif

The NFL needs to go the college format but starting at the 40 yard line for playoff games only. In the marathon regular season, it is important to minimize the wear and tear, and the current OT is fine. Playoff games on the other hand, should be settled with the best team winning, not the team that wins the coin toss.

I hate the Steelers and watched with great glee when they were called for running into the kicker, giving the Titans another shot at the FG.

To me, it's always a great day in pro-football when the Steelers, 49ers, Raiders and Packers lose. rolleyes.gif

It's always a great day in college football when Notre Dame, SMU, and Penn State lose......and sometimes OU rolleyes.gif

I find it funny that people are argueing the validity of the running in to the kicker penalty for two reasons.

1. Did it effect Nedney's kick? NO

2. Is running into the kicker a penalty? YES

I don't understand what Cowher is upset about. If you don't want the penalty called, don't create the foul! It's just like in the New Orleans Bowl when Cincy was called for blocking in the back on the interception return for a TD that was called back. It doesn't matter if it directly effects the outcome of the play, if you are guilty of the penaly you get flagged!

He clearly ran into the kicker and was assesed the correct 5 yard penalty.

For Cowher to think they should let it slide because it's late in a playoff game is absurd. If the tables were turned and the Steelers would have got run into and a flag NOT been thrown, he would have thrown a bigger fit.

He clearly ran into the kicker and was assesed the correct 5 yard penalty.

For Cowher to think they should let it slide because it's late in a playoff game is absurd.  If the tables were turned and the Steelers would have got run into and a flag NOT been thrown, he would have thrown a bigger fit.

Exactly!