You Know What Will Hurt Us...

NCMeanGreen

You professional tailgaters could really punch up attendance if you could organize some tailgates prior to some of the home bb games. Would that be 'freeze your tail-gating?'

I still haven't been given a definitive answer as to whether we can tailgate in the parking lot prior to bball games or not. Of course, I'm sure it's a tough sell to get people outside in Jan/Feb around here. Then again, those outdoor heater thing-a-majobs that you see on restaurant patios go for only about $150 or so. Set up a few of those, and everybody's toasty warm!

I did see that the several resident halls are sponsoring tailgate events for students throughout the season, but that doesn't do much for us oldies.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't you be studying old man?

I still haven't been given a definitive answer as to whether we can tailgate in the parking lot prior to bball games or not. Of course, I'm sure it's a tough sell to get people outside in Jan/Feb around here. Then again, those outdoor heater thing-a-majobs that you see on restaurant patios go for only about $150 or so. Set up a few of those, and everybody's toasty warm!

I did see that the several resident halls are sponsoring tailgate events for students throughout the season, but that doesn't do much for us oldies.

The new "Pit" was to be built for about 5-6k but thanks to Prez "Jitter" Nolan (the really first pro-active athletic prez) we built a state of the art, at that time, BB arena. We can also thank Prez Nolan for getting funding for many of the buildings that NT has.

IMHO, Prez B, is NT's second pro-active athletic president.

Thanks to Coach Trilli we got those awful orange colored seats out of the Pit......someone must have been about ready to go into drug rehab when they thought that one up.

wider seats in the Pit? why not narrow your a**? :lol:

As far as other BB venues

Ohio State ..... you can fit the PIT inside this arena. They have a large "alumi" band at one end of the court playing & even dot the "I" at half time.

Louisville........ was an exciting place because you can buy booze and watch the game.....

Houston......... you are right about a circus tent atmospher.

TCU.............. another circus tent atmospher.

SMU.............. I knew I was going to get mugged in that place.

Rice.............. Autry Gym....well that says it all. Next to the Old Snake Pit one of the most exciting places to watch a game; stomping-yelling-ear splitting.

UTA.............. Millions for education and not a cent for athletics. Should that be the other way around?

NMSU............ Pretty cool place as I can remember.

NTSU............ The old Snake Pit.....#1 during the Coach Spika era.......Best Game: double OT win against Drake, Second best game was Louisville after the year their coach said North Texas fans were "the worst in the nation." Third, any game sitting next to BJ and our rowdy friends.

I have a great deal of respect for JJ and how he has rebuilt the BB program and how Coach Dale Brown supports him. It would be a great loss to NT if we ever lost him to a bigger program.