Prepare For The Worst....

UNT_playmaker

My question would be, how many Greeks did you talk to?

My comment would be, "I hope you predict the outcome of elections like you predict hurricanes!"

My entire frat, Delta Sigma Phi on Fri....that caused me to have them send out a mass text, but alot of people left for the weekend at that point. They said that they weren't aware that the others frats voted in large numbers and the sororities were not involved as much as the frats. Also keep in mind that frats and sororities are SUPER busy with pomping, homecoming floats, and mixers, this is the busiest time of the year for them.

Also alot of the other frats including mine saw RV at greek convocation 2-3 weeks ago and that is the only word they have heard, im actually not kidding about the vote.

Also there are stadium vote signs in front of frat row, which is good, but from talking to people, people didnt vote, until i encourage them... There were some who voted NO because they cant afford to have more fees added on their tuitions....

I hope also that I am wrong, but I have a feeling the people who we expected to vote yes, didnt vote at all.....in the large droves...

All text messages, mass emails etc should have started monday morning and probably be done twice a day for all 5 days to remind them. It takes only 2 minutes to vote so I do not necessarily buy the idea they that they are that busy to do so...especially considering voting could have been done online. Oh well...the voting is over now so we will have to see what the verdict is in a few hours.

So at 12:02am you predict this a winning vote and 10 minutes later your spouting doom and gloom? Come on, get off the fence because your posts are losing credibility by the minute.

I am very aware of the time difference, but I have been predicting a win all along, but the margin keeps shrinking.

I am not predicting a loss but a loss is very very possible considering the factors of greeks not voting as much, 0-6 record, and the UNT admin not promoting this at all, really. Im telling Mean Green Nation to not be suprised by a loss.

To give you an example Lifer, 5 out of 60 people in my frat voted before I stopped by and this was Friday at 2p.m.

I made sure that alot of them voted after I found this out, as I stayed at their house until they did and the rest were sent the mass text message. I will not go into details to what I did to make sure they voted..... B)...

Also alot didn't know Friday was the deadline at 5p.m., what the website was, and didnt see any promotions on campus... The greeks are close, so the same is true for the rest of the greeks.

I didn't blame them because these were all true statements, I walked them through the website to go to www.untsga.com.

I think it will pass by a slim margin but it is more probable that it didnt based on these solid factors. Remember I found all of this out on Friday.

Remember we are 0-6, the people on this board are hardcore fans, the rest of the university is not....I tried my best and so did alot of others but prepare yourself cause there are alot of factors that might cause this vote to go sour.

2 straight home blowouts to no-name teams at Fouts in front of the home crowd is icing for the cake for the opposition.

I don't understand the argument of 'our team sucks, why the hell should we build a new stadium?' If anything, this shows just how badly we need to invest in athletics to be competitive. In my opinion, we need more than just a new stadium... if we were to get a coach who could turn the program around, realistically we should be prepared to pony up at least 1M/year for a contract (how much does our competition in the metroplex pay their coaches... 1.5m-2m/year?) I realize I'm getting ahead of myself with the increase in coaching contracts, but it's very clear if we want to be successful we're going to have to start spending more money.

Edited by Mean'n'Green07

If an outsider were to predict the vote based on what has been said in this forum, then he/she would think the stadium vote would have failed miserably by a large margin.

Let's just hope everyone here is being paranoid, because the rumors that have been trickling are in no way positive.

Wrote on this thread to say Nice Try....

Wore a DSP frat shirt, as I was tailgating with them. There were alot of people wearing orange after the Texas/OU game at Fouts, though. Even a friend of mine was wearing a UT jersey to the game. My loyalities are on my cars.

post-1317-1224366611_thumb.jpg

Edited by UNT_playmaker