Unt Men Land Shooting Guard

Brett Vito

I remember seeing his name before and so I searched this board. I found that Shannon Shorter was ranked #30 by texashoops for the 2007 class. I'm sure our recruiting gurus will have some better info.

Edited by chrisfisher

Shannon Shorter

Played in 26 games as a freshman at TAMU-CC...scored a career high 16 against Oral Roberts...he played a lot early in the season...my bet is he saw the floor less and less b/c of that turnover stat.

Interesting. Seems a bit early to be locking up a JUCO...JJ must see something he likes...hes got a nice frame (6'4" 200). I'll be paying close attention to Tyler JC this year.

Shannon Shorter

Played in 26 games as a freshman at TAMU-CC...scored a career high 16 against Oral Roberts...he played a lot early in the season...my bet is he saw the floor less and less b/c of that turnover stat.

Interesting. Seems a bit early to be locking up a JUCO...JJ must see something he likes...hes got a nice frame (6'4" 200). I'll be paying close attention to Tyler JC this year.

I believe he's at Paris JC unless he has switched teams again.

Oldtimer

I believe he's at Paris JC unless he has switched teams again.

Oldtimer

Info I located...Shorter played at Houston Westside averaged 22 pts and 13 rebounds. Someone else indicated he was ranked # 30 by Texas hoops coming out of HS. He committed to UTSan Antonio....then decommitted and went to A&M CC. a 4 year program, which he left after one year and is now at Paris JC . It will be interesting to see where he finally winds up...at NT or a bigger name program.

Shannon Shorter

He probably left TAMU-CC because of the coaching change. There may have been a lot of changes when Ronnie Arrow left for South Alabama.

How many years of eligibility will he have left when he arrives?

Should be 2 unless I'm missing something here...He played D-1 as a freshman, about to be a sophmore at a JC and then junior and senior years at UNT...he'd even be eligible for a redshirt season should the need arise (injury).

Where is he projected to be drafted if he decides to enter the NBA draft instead?

Outside chance at the lottery...but probably mid to late first round...he's not white so the Bucks won't take him, Isaih is out with the Knicks...but I still think they may take a waiver on him.