Casey Fitzgerald

trud1966

Was it ever determined or said what his injury is/was and how bad is it? I never did hear anything or I missed the update.

Tasty began making phone calls on his cell to try and get us an injury report, but his battery went dead, and he was just too far away from the plug to recharge it so he gave up and is thinking about trying again next week.

Otherwise we would have a report.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Tasty began making phone calls on his cell to try and get us an injury report, but his battery went dead, and he was just too far away from the plug to recharge it so he gave up and is thinking about trying again next week.

Otherwise we would have a report.

Can't blame him. Sounds insurmountable....

defiance250.jpg

"When faced with overwhelming disaster, defiance is the only recourse."

Was it ever determined or said what his injury is/was and how bad is it? I never did hear anything or I missed the update.

September 16, 2008

Fitzgerald's MRI comes back clean

9:11 PM Tue, Sep 16, 2008 | Permalink

Brett Vito E-mail News tips

I talked with UNT head coach Todd Dodge for a couple of minutes today for a notebook in tomorrow's paper.

One of the first questions I asked was the one everyone wants an answer to: How's Casey Fitzgerald?

UNT's star wide receiver and its starting center JJ Johnson both had MRIs on their shoulders that didn't turn up any problems. Fitzgerald just has a bruise. Johnson is fine as well. Tackle Esteban Santiago has a mild concussion, but should be fine in time for the Rice game after UNT's bye week.

Dodge said he would have had a few players who would have been listed as questionable if UNT was playing this week, but the extra time off should give all of UNT's players a chance to be ready in time.

UNT was smart to schedule a week off after the LSU game to prepare for Rice.

Post your thoughts on the blog. Do you think the Rice game will be the Mean Green's first win of the season?

Guest GrayEagleOne

No, I don't think that we will beat Rice. Having said that, I like the fact that we may be at full strength for the first time this season. Well, maybe full strength is a misnomer. Everyone might be in uniform and available for some play. I also like the improvement taking place with each succeeding game.

While I don't really expect it, I'm hopeful that it will happen. It would be perfect timing to begin salvaging the season and gain student body support. It would help game attendance cor the Oct. 4 game. It might even swing a few student votes in the upcoming election.