Holy Cow!

THOR

A real bummer! maybe they had BIG XII victory hang-over after their win over ZERO U Friday evening. Back line looked a little "out of sorts" Friday evening. I hope they can figure it out before the conference opener. I'll bet they do. Young players are looking better and better.

GO SOCCER!!!!!!!

A real bummer! maybe they had BIG XII victory hang-over after their win over ZERO U Friday evening. Back line looked a little "out of sorts" Friday evening. I hope they can figure it out before the conference opener. I'll bet they do. Young players are looking better and better.

GO SOCCER!!!!!!!

Exactly. Played tired and lazy. I thought the defense looked good though. UTSA was not a team to be taken lightly, they are hungry and have recruited well for such a young program. They played physical and we did not rise to match the intensity. We just got out-hustled I thought. Offense was very slow to react, no one consistently moving without the ball, we had chances and muffed them. Just looked tired on offense. I do think a little more conditioning may be in order. Got to get more out of the bench too so we can stay fresh. ETSU will be a tough game, we need to start quick and keep moving.

Exactly. Played tired and lazy. I thought the defense looked good though. UTSA was not a team to be taken lightly, they are hungry and have recruited well for such a young program. They played physical and we did not rise to match the intensity. We just got out-hustled I thought. Offense was very slow to react, no one consistently moving without the ball, we had chances and muffed them. Just looked tired on offense. I do think a little more conditioning may be in order. Got to get more out of the bench too so we can stay fresh. ETSU will be a tough game, we need to start quick and keep moving.

Yeah, I think you're exactly right. And UTSA had played a very difficult schedule (Houston, Rice, TSU, Texas Tech, Texas) entering into this game so they were likely not intimitade by that gaudy home record. Not to mention better conditioned because they had played more games. I think, however, that you'll see a nice rebound game against ETSU.

Agreed, I made the comment to several folks that OU looked to much better conditioned and much quicker to the ball...even though they were also playing quite a few underclassmen. I am fully confident that UNT will be "there" when conference comes around. I still see UNT doing some real damage in conference play. UTSA is not the "push over" some folks may have thought they would be. Could we and should we have won the game at home...Certainly...but UTSA is no "sure win".

Paper said UNT out shot UTSA 17-6 and had four corners to their none.....out hustled, i dont think so. That was merely a team that packed it in/prayed and decided to counter once in a while. Everytime i looked up UNT was crashing the goal, hitting balls off the post, cross bar and the ugly near misses in front of the goal. If they played 10 times UNT wins 9 of those matches, but give UTSA credit the game plan of bunker in, sub 10-15 players and counter on a few occassions worked.....that and a little luck. That's soccer thou, you never know, but that OU game was sure amazing.

Since they had such a huge win over OU, I will give them a pass here.

so if the football team beats lsu, but loses to wku/fiu, you'll give them a pass too??? i know it won't happen but just because of one great performance shouldn't mean that they are allowed to lose focus and intensity. our girls are too good for that to happen!

so if the football team beats lsu, but loses to wku/fiu, you'll give them a pass too??? i know it won't happen but just because of one great performance shouldn't mean that they are allowed to lose focus and intensity. our girls are too good for that to happen!

Football is 0-2, Volleyball is 1-5, soccer is 3-1......yea i see what you mean, soccer how dare you lose a game. Soccer please hold up the fort once again and again and again and again and again and again.................i think you get the idea, or do you want me to keep going.

Football is 0-2, Volleyball is 1-5, soccer is 3-1......yea i see what you mean, soccer how dare you lose a game. Soccer please hold up the fort once again and again and again and again and again and again.................i think you get the idea, or do you want me to keep going.

Calm down Francis. A little defensive, don't you think?

I agree with what he was saying regardless of what sport it is. Why should someone get a pass because they won one game? The goal should be to win them all.

No and Yes! No, they don't get a "pass" for losing, they get a "pass" for being one of our most successful (make that winning) programs. Everyone EXPECTS them to win at home (can we actually say that about any other program at UNT at the moment...can we really?), so it was a real shock. No one is "excusing" them for losing, just "giving them a pass" on having to win every home game. The GOAL definitely should be to win every game as Lifer said...that's why you play the things in the first place...just trying to say that no one is "getting down" on the team just because they let one get away at home.

Expectations are tough sometimes...ladies will tighten it up and win the next one's at home and on the road.

GO LADIES!!!! GREAT JOB. AND, you are drawing nice crowds. We need more seats for fans for soccer!!!!!! GO MEAN GREEN SOCCER!!!!

i'm not getting down on them at all!!! i think the ladies are doing and always have done a fantastic job! i just don't want us to be ok with them losing when they should be winning. our football and vball teams are normally outmatched in athletes. they aren't supposed to win every one, losses are expected. our soccer team isn't supposed to win every game, but they also shouldn't lose the games they are supposed to win.

soccer1....you can go on and on and on if you want. i get the idea...i just don't want to give them a pass just because they beat oklahoma!

Edited by radiogreen

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not getting down on them at all!!! i think the ladies are doing and always have done a fantastic job! i just don't want us to be ok with them losing when they should be winning. our football and vball teams are normally outmatched in athletes. they aren't supposed to win every one, losses are expected. our soccer team isn't supposed to win every game, but they also shouldn't lose the games they are supposed to win.

soccer1....you can go on and on and on if you want. i get the idea...i just don't want to give them a pass just because they beat oklahoma!

Been away for a while, felt like extending this ..... These are just the kind of let downs we can ill afford to have if we expect to win the conference and move to the post season. This conference is much tougher this year than in years past. No more laughers this year. This game we WERE outhustled, particularly in the midfield, and finishing was poor despite the number of shots (Some of those seventeen shots killed the grass they were rolling so slow... . ) Hedlund must have thought so too, and made lineup changes to try to improve those areas, and it seems to have helped over last two games. Just because the scoreboard or the paper says we outshot someone, if we lost a game we cannot let our Mean Green Pride color the result. It is what it is. We lost to an unranked regional team, our team effort was weak, our momentum was temporarily derailed. (also reminded me of the Grambling debacle two years ago, that probably cost us an at-large NCAA berth). The team that showed up for ETSU was much better and crisp. ETSU is by far a better team than UTSA. We had a much better effort, one we need to sustain. The last two sunday games after hard fought Friday night games have been less than stellar. Conditioning is the issue, we are not quite there yet (we do have some players not at full speed due to nagging injury). I think Lamar was a sleeper game too, although we finally controlled the game in second half. We outshot them tremendously in that game too, but took a long time to ice the game. We must work this out now so sunday day games are not a factor in our results.