"what In The Wild World Of Sp[orts"

I am now writing a column 'SPEARS ON SPORTS" every week in the SPORTS PAGE WEEKLY! Since I get no return respect or info from the UNT Athletic Department,

they should be aware I now have a public forum.

Now is the time to redefine what is meant by turning dirt on a new stadium. When, exactly is this gonna happen? I am very wary about any timeline at this time. Meanwhile,

we sit in seats at Fouts Field with birdcrap on them (sometimes), and otherwise our football future will be bright, eventually. What we hear fromn "Rick V "is usually whatever

bullcrap he feeds us. He's an "ok" guy, but I never hear from him. I will be fair in ,my reporting in my column, you have my word on it.

On another topic, my nextdoor neighbor, stupid Mary, suggests we find a way to make more area appearances for Mean Green Football, and present opportunities for working stiffs

to attend and hear from Coach Todd Dodge, and not just relegate all events within earchot of Denton. For once, she makes sense. Shocking!!!!! medanwhile, June Jones will present

his case for SMU football at a sold out event at the Anatole Hotel Grand Ballroom! It's time we step up our appeal regionally and often leading up to our first game!!!! I'll be funnier next time!

"By the way, let me know the word to your school’s fight songs and alma maters. I’ll decide the winner(s). No prizes will be awarded but the “victors” will be recognized in this very space in a future issue. Oh, no, not that Appalachian State reference again. Also, is it true that Boone, North Carolina was named after Pat Boone? Ok, just kidding. However, some examples of school songs might be “Hail-o-Hail TCU”…or “Varsity” from SMU…or Glory to the Green” from North Texas."

At the risk of sounding too pickey, "Glory to the Green and White" is our alma mater, not our fight song. BTW, what is the name of our fight song? Is it "North Texas Fight"?

"By the way, let me know the word to your school’s fight songs and alma maters. I’ll decide the winner(s). No prizes will be awarded but the “victors” will be recognized in this very space in a future issue. Oh, no, not that Appalachian State reference again. Also, is it true that Boone, North Carolina was named after Pat Boone? Ok, just kidding. However, some examples of school songs might be “Hail-o-Hail TCU”…or “Varsity” from SMU…or Glory to the Green” from North Texas."

At the risk of sounding too pickey, "Glory to the Green and White" is our alma mater, not our fight song. BTW, what is the name of our fight song? Is it "North Texas Fight"?

It's called the "UNT FIGHT SONG".

Rick