Tv Ratings

agw0038

I thought this was interesting...

04-05 New Orleans Bowl -- Southern Miss-North Texas -- Rating: 1.4 -- Attendance: 27,253

05-06 New Orleans Bowl -- Southern Miss-Arkansas State --Rating 1.71 -- Attendance: 18,338

06-07 New Orleans Bowl -- Rice-Troy -- Rating: 1.32 -- Attendance: 24,791

07-08 New Orleans Bowl -- Fla. Atlantic-Memphis -- Rating: 1.63 -- Attendance: 25,146

Not as low a rating as Rice-Troy and the largest attendance numbers of the last 4 NO Bowls!!

The attendance can't jsut be about S. Miss. They also played the following year and the attendance dropped by almost 9,000!!

No one can say that UNT doesn't "travel" well.

I thought this was interesting...

04-05 New Orleans Bowl -- Southern Miss-North Texas -- Rating: 1.4 -- Attendance: 27,253

05-06 New Orleans Bowl -- Southern Miss-Arkansas State --Rating 1.71 -- Attendance: 18,338

06-07 New Orleans Bowl -- Rice-Troy -- Rating: 1.32 -- Attendance: 24,791

07-08 New Orleans Bowl -- Fla. Atlantic-Memphis -- Rating: 1.63 -- Attendance: 25,146

Not as low a rating as Rice-Troy and the largest attendance numbers of the last 4 NO Bowls!!

The attendance can't jsut be about S. Miss. They also played the following year and the attendance dropped by almost 9,000!!

No one can say that UNT doesn't "travel" well.

They didn't have quite the destination to travel too. Lafayette hosted that year because of Katrina.

Edited by CMJ

They didn' have quite the destination to travel too. Lafayette hosted that year because of Katrina.

True... but me and my green glasses would like to think that the Mean Green Nation would have still showed up in droves had we won the belt --- Even if it WAS in Lafayette.

Guest 97and03

Interestin that TCU attendance was 62K with a low TV rating. Home field and no one else cared??? NO bowl was still the least attended. Seems people would rather watch on TV than go.

I think everyone who cared was at the game. Honestly, 62K for a minor bowl is pretty impressive.

Just goes to show how much interest there is in games between regional schools... :whistling1:

Edited by 97and03

Interestin that TCU attendance was 62K with a low TV rating. Home field and no one else cared??? NO bowl was still the least attended. Seems people would rather watch on TV than go.

It wasn't on a major network, that was the problem. The attendance can absolutely be attributed to the fact the it was played in Houston... lots of UH and TCU fans... and just sports fans in general. And they were former SWC members. Lots of old "remember whens" at play in the crowd, no doubt!

Edited by Eagle1855

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd for the bowl game. It was a great atmosphere.

The funny thing is that when TCU and Houston were in CUSA together, UH would bring maybe 1,000 fans to FW. The games at UH would draw maybe 23,000. Tulane Rice were even worse. SMU doesn't bring near as many fans you think they would.