Thursday's Practice

Side Show Joe

Today I stopped by practice for about twenty minutes. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I'm married. It was really great being out there on such a nice afternoon. I wish I would have taken a lawnchair. There was about four or five other guys standing around watching when I left, and I was glad to see them out there supporting our team. I can't speak for any members of the team, but if I was on that field, it would make me feel good to see a crowd at the practices.

And that got me to thinking...

Thursday, I'm going back to watch practice after I get off work. I should be there around 4 to 4:30. This time I'm bringing a lawnchair, and a cooler with soft drinks. Thursday should be another great day according to the news. If any of you might have been thinking about going to the practices, but hasn't because you didn't want to be the only one out there, please come on out. The bigger the crowds, the better. You can bring a lawnchair if you don't want to sit on the ground. I'll have extra soft drinks.

Would love to be there if I could. Any particulars you noticed about the team in practice today?

Yes. The QB's and recievers looked pretty sharp in the long passing. It was fairly windy out there and I thought they did a good job.

Craig Robertson looked very good. Of all the linebackers, he was the most animated and was really putting some good hits on people. He did the best job of using his leverage, by keeping his pad level low and exploding up into the runners. He also did the best job at keeping his feet moving after contact, and not playing out of control or over-running plays.

The other LB's have talent, but need to be more agressive. I was always taught, "if you're going to make a mistake, make it giving 100% of your effort".

Yes. The QB's and recievers looked pretty sharp in the long passing. It was fairly windy out there and I thought they did a good job.

Craig Robertson looked very good. Of all the linebackers, he was the most animated and was really putting some good hits on people. He did the best job of using his leverage, by keeping his pad level low and exploding up into the runners. He also did the best job at keeping his feet moving after contact, and not playing out of control or over-running plays.

The other LB's have talent, but need to be more agressive. I was always taught, "if you're going to make a mistake, make it giving 100% of your effort".

Thanks, SSJ. I would definitely expect Robertson to be a leader among the LBs this year.