Roderick Flemings

Buford_Julep

How great it would it be if we signed Chris Babb and Roderick Flemings!?!

What position need do we not address then, back up point guard or a JUCO post? Flemings at 6'7" 215 could possibly play sparingly at the 4 in SBC play...but he is by no means the interior pressence we need...and we've seen what can happen when you ask a 2 guard to play the point.

If we do land Babb and Flemings...it raises a question I've been wanting to bring up: with the above needs still requiring 2 scholarships, and Babb and Fleming leave just 1...what are the chances that Collin Mangrum isn't offered a scholarship for next season? Just throwing it out there

What position need do we not address then, back up point guard or a JUCO post? Flemings at 6'7" 215 could possibly play sparingly at the 4 in SBC play...but he is by no means the interior pressence we need...and we've seen what can happen when you ask a 2 guard to play the point.

If we do land Babb and Flemings...it raises a question I've been wanting to bring up: with the above needs still requiring 2 scholarships, and Babb and Fleming leave just 1...what are the chances that Collin Mangrum isn't offered a scholarship for next season? Just throwing it out there

Good point... actually, if Knox has 1 scholly (forgot about him), that only leaves 2 available... which would go to Babb and Flemings... so i think that leaves 0 if we signed both. This a real conundrum... Knox is a "project player" so we could have problem with our bigs... I anticipate Odufuwa (6'8") and Stewart (6'8") or Hogans (6'7") to start with Howerton/Knox backing up. We are still a little light on the bigs compared to the past 2 seasons. Do you think two 6'8" and one 6'7" bigs could take care of post? What if we go to a smaller guard oriented line up like the NBA, would this allow us to sign Babb and Flemings with Odufuwa/Stewart/Hogans handling the post?

I am still perplexed as to why we offered so early to a project player (Knox)... I hope JJ is right on this one. I was beginning to Howerton (another project) wasn't going to work out, but he is really stepping up this season... maybe Knox will too.

Edited by chrisfisher

Good point... actually, if Knox has 1 scholly (forgot about him), that only leaves 2 available... which would go to Babb and Flemings... so i think that leaves 0 if we signed both. This a real conundrum... Knox is a "project player" so we could have problem with our bigs... I anticipate Odufuwa (6'8") and Stewart (6'8") or Hogans (6'7") to start with Howerton/Knox backing up. We are still a little light on the bigs compared to the past 2 seasons. Do you think two 6'8" and one 6'7" bigs could take care of post? What if we go to a smaller guard oriented line up like the NBA, would this allow us to sign Babb and Flemings with Odufuwa/Stewart/Hogans handling the post?

I am still perplexed as to why we offered so early to a project player (Knox)... I hope JJ is right on this one. I was beginning to Howerton (another project) wasn't going to work out, but he is really stepping up this season... maybe Knox will too.

We should still have 3 ships available with our four departing seniors (Willingham, Bell, Wooden and Williams). Two 6'8" and 6'7" would be fine if they were tipping the scales between 225 and 250...not 195 like Hogans and Stewart. I hope Hogans can add weight...but this league is getting bigger and Odufuwa would be very prone to foul trouble and fatigue if he's our starting 5. Howerton has looked improved over the last month or so, but still in fewer than 15 minutes a game...do you trust him on the floor for 30?

I still have to think the Knox signing is a ploy to get his teammate Nick Russell, who could be who JJ is after to back up Josh at the 1 next season (though Russell is more of a combo). If we're not even on Russell's radar...then I'm as perplexed as you.

We should still have 3 ships available with our four departing seniors (Willingham, Bell, Wooden and Williams). Two 6'8" and 6'7" would be fine if they were tipping the scales between 225 and 250...not 195 like Hogans and Stewart. I hope Hogans can add weight...but this league is getting bigger and Odufuwa would be very prone to foul trouble and fatigue if he's our starting 5. Howerton has looked improved over the last month or so, but still in fewer than 15 minutes a game...do you trust him on the floor for 30?

I still have to think the Knox signing is a ploy to get his teammate Nick Russell, who could be who JJ is after to back up Josh at the 1 next season (though Russell is more of a combo). If we're not even on Russell's radar...then I'm as perplexed as you.

I forgot about Willingham too.... dang memory isn't work well today... too much on my plate at school right now.... I am hopeful that Hogans will put on some weight too... but I'm telling you, if you haven't seen him play in person, he plays like he is 6'10" 250. Hogans doesn't give an inch under the post... will a big heart, instead of a big body, be good enough for Hogans if he stays under 200? I guess that remains to be seen.