West Standings

CMJ

UALR & ULL have Saturday off. Denver plays at Western Kentucky. We could get within a game of 1st with a win.

Likely standings after Saturday.

UALR 6-4

Denver 5-5

North Texas 5-5

ULL 5-5

We REALLY need to take advantage of having a down FIU squad at home.

What is so great about winning the West division?

I know in years past the tournament was always seeded #1 West, #1 East, #2 West, etc. But this year, the Sun Belt site just has it as Seeds #1-13. Does the division winner automatically get to be seeded #1 or #2?

I would be happy winning the West division at this point. However, I would hate for us to end up getting a #3 seed (which we probably would) when winning the division.

Those with more knowledge than I, please respond.

What is so great about winning the West division?

I know in years past the tournament was always seeded #1 West, #1 East, #2 West, etc. But this year, the Sun Belt site just has it as Seeds #1-13. Does the division winner automatically get to be seeded #1 or #2?

I would be happy winning the West division at this point. However, I would hate for us to end up getting a #3 seed (which we probably would) when winning the division.

Those with more knowledge than I, please respond.

Assuming that the setup is the same as last year, we would get an extremely important first round bye. Here's a link to last year's setup.

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArticle.d...p;ATCLID=803636

If we win the West we'll be the 2nd seed. Even if we were a 3 seed though(thinking the winner of the West would have a better record than anyone other than WKU and USA), that'd be an advantage with a 1st round bye. I don't want to have to play USA until as late as possible in the tournament - if they get the 1 seed I want to be the 2. Hell it'd almost be preferable to being the 6 or 7 seed than the 4 or 5 in that scenario. USA is at home in the league tourney remember.

If we win the West we'll be the 2nd seed. Even if we were a 3 seed though(thinking the winner of the West would have a better record than anyone other than WKU and USA), that'd be an advantage with a 1st round bye. I don't want to have to play USA until as late as possible in the tournament - if they get the 1 seed I want to be the 2. Hell it'd almost be preferable to being the 6 or 7 seed than the 4 or 5 in that scenario. USA is at home in the league tourney remember.

I have the same concerns. I don't want to see USA at home early in the tourney.

UALR & ULL have Saturday off. Denver plays at Western Kentucky. We could get within a game of 1st with a win.

Likely standings after Saturday.

UALR 6-4

Denver 5-5

North Texas 5-5

ULL 5-5

We REALLY need to take advantage of having a down FIU squad at home.

I like this version better since we have the better overall record than Denver:

UALR 6-4

North Texas 5-5

Denver 5-5

ULL 5-5

;)

Edited by chrisfisher

If I'm not mistaken there is also a NIT bid that comes into play if you win your half of your conference...Courtland correct me if I'm wrong.

Only if you win the regular season of the league. For conferences like the Sunbelt with divisions, only the top overall record goes(if they don't make the NCAA). The NIT doesn't want to get forced into taking 2 Sunbelt schools(or whatever other league).

Edited by CMJ

Just for you chrisfisher. :D

Arkansas-Little Rock 6-4 14-7

North Texas 5-5 14-7

Denver 5-5 9-12

Louisiana-Lafayette 5-5 9-12

New Orleans 5-6 15-8

Arkansas State 4-6 9-12

Louisiana-Monroe 2-8 8-14

Thanks!! You the man!!