Maybe One More Prospect Left

Dodge2007

January 31, 2008

Lanny Mixon

BigGoldNation.com

One prospect that has been flying under the radar this year is Trinity Valley (Tex.) C.C defensive back Cordarious Mingo. He sports half a dozen division I offers and is getting close to making his decision known. After taking a visit to Southern Miss on 1/25 it appears that he's almost ready to announce where he'll spend the remainder of his college career.

"I'm going to announce on Friday," Mingo said of his forthcoming announcment.

Mingo took an official visit to Southern Miss this past weekend and visited North Texas in December. He talked about his visit to Southern Miss.

"It went good," he said of his visit to Southern Miss. "Tumbo was my host. We hung out mingled with all the player got to know them."

He was hosted by Southern Miss linebacker Tokumbo Abanikanda.

This was Mingo's first visit to Hattiesburg and he came away impressed with the campus and facilities.

"Everything," he said. "I liked everything, the facilities are real nice."

In addition to Southern Miss he sports offers from Arkansas St, Baylor, North Texas, and UAB.

"Oklahoma State offered me but then the coach that I was talking too left," he sad. "He's at Southern Miss now."

So, will Mingo take another visit before signing day.

"I don't know Illinois is talking to me about coming up there this weekend," he said. "I don't know if I'll go or not."

BigGoldNation.com will continue to follow this story and will have commitment news as soon as Mingo makes his announcement.

BigGoldNation.com is your complete source for Southern Miss recruiting.

©2008 BigGoldNation.com, all rights reserved.

Mingo committed to UAB

January 31, 2008

Lanny Mixon

BigGoldNation.com

One prospect that has been flying under the radar this year is Trinity Valley (Tex.) C.C defensive back Cordarious Mingo. He sports half a dozen division I offers and is getting close to making his decision known. After taking a visit to Southern Miss on 1/25 it appears that he's almost ready to announce where he'll spend the remainder of his college career.

"I'm going to announce on Friday," Mingo said of his forthcoming announcment.

Mingo took an official visit to Southern Miss this past weekend and visited North Texas in December. He talked about his visit to Southern Miss.

"It went good," he said of his visit to Southern Miss. "Tumbo was my host. We hung out mingled with all the player got to know them."

He was hosted by Southern Miss linebacker Tokumbo Abanikanda.

This was Mingo's first visit to Hattiesburg and he came away impressed with the campus and facilities.

"Everything," he said. "I liked everything, the facilities are real nice."

In addition to Southern Miss he sports offers from Arkansas St, Baylor, North Texas, and UAB.

"Oklahoma State offered me but then the coach that I was talking too left," he sad. "He's at Southern Miss now."

So, will Mingo take another visit before signing day.

"I don't know Illinois is talking to me about coming up there this weekend," he said. "I don't know if I'll go or not."

BigGoldNation.com will continue to follow this story and will have commitment news as soon as Mingo makes his announcement.

BigGoldNation.com is your complete source for Southern Miss recruiting.

©2008 BigGoldNation.com, all rights reserved.

I went back to try and find where I got the idea he had committed to UAB and couldn't find it...maybe on a google search...BUT IF I CAN'T SHOW WHERE I FOUND IT I WILL ACKNOWLEDGE I WAS WRONG AT THIS POINT.

That's all right. The important part is, he's probably not coming to UNT. We'd love to have him but if his last visit to UNT was December, he's not coming here.