Ulm Game

UNTflyer

Thanks UNTLifer. I did talk to the people today from my hall that were not excited last night and they enjoyed it and plan on going again!!!

I am not sure what the attitudes were from the other halls going into it, but they were rowdy enough that I would assume that even if they did not want to go, they ended up having fun...It sure does help that we have a good home basketball team, because when the university really advertises the games to the students, and they come see us win, they want to come back. I honestly believe you will see a lot of those people back to more games. RHA is having another night on the 17th of January with all of the students moved back in. Go Mean Green!!!

Good news. It's amazing what a winning and exciting product will do towards putting BIS!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MG Matt, do you know why about halfway through the second half a large group of students got up and left?

I'm glad that somebody is trying to get the students involved. I think at the same time we need to make an effort in the community. If I were involved in the decision-making process at all, I'd be going to the city about hanging a banner over I-35 at the North Texas Boulevard overpass for every game day. It would read something like:

Men's Basketball Tonight - 7:00 PM!

Tickets $7 and up!

Go Mean Green!

A $500 banner could increase total attendance by 10,000 for the season

MG Matt, do you know why about halfway through the second half a large group of students got up and left?

I'm glad that somebody is trying to get the students involved. I think at the same time we need to make an effort in the community. If I were involved in the decision-making process at all, I'd be going to the city about hanging a banner over I-35 at the North Texas Boulevard overpass for every game day. It would read something like:

Men's Basketball Tonight - 7:00 PM!

Tickets $7 and up!

Go Mean Green!

A $500 banner could increase total attendance by 10,000 for the season

I think that a lot of people left to go watch the BCS or "BS" championship game...whether they would have stayed or not had that game not been on I don't know. I do know that the requirement to be there, sort of ran out at that time. If we were up by less than 20 that mightve helped as well. For instance, the Ok St. crowd at least from what I could tell, did not diminish in the second half.

We have a shot at the Sun Belt again this year, and the athletic department needs to advertise it as such. The sign on I35 is a great idea, and I don't see why Denton would complain. We really should be getting crowds of at least over 4000 with the team we have. Look for a larger average of students this spring starting Saturday, as tomorrow the residence halls open up again. GMG!!