Fiu Webcast

ShopMeanGreen

I sent a email to the SBC Customer Service address and let them know of my displeasure with the FIU Webcast and they sent an email back saying they would refund my money. :) That is the first webcast I have ever purchased and am wondering if they all were that poorly done (at least until it went out) or was that all FIU's problem. I would gladly let my 13 year old daughter run the camcorder cause she could do a much better job.

Edited by ShopMeanGreen

I sent a email to the SBC Customer Service address and let them know of my displeasure with the FIU Webcast and they sent an email back saying they would refund my money. :) That is the first webcast I have ever purchased and am wondering if they all were that poorly done (at least until it went out) or was that all FIU's problem. I would gladly let my 13 year old daughter run the camcorder cause she could do a much better job.

Troy game sucked just as bad , but since we were getting hammered I really didn't care !

My only game on the webcast was Akron last year. The video was skipping and the Akron announcers were on par with the NFL Network bunch (lousy), but I was glad to see what I could at the time. The webcast games are a good idea, and not a bad price, but mostly I've heard unfavorable comments this season about the quality. I won't try another until the product improves.

I've railed about the webcasts all year long. There have been some real technical issues, but the FIU game was clearly the worst. Completely unacceptable! It was a dude in the stands with a camcorder. At least it was on a tripod, but seriously, you could see the record icon in the top left corner. Plus the guy had no idea how to follow game action, if he was even following the game. Sometimes he was just panning off to the scenery. It was hideous!

Our webcasts are the jumbotron feed, so there are no graphics like a clock, down and distance, or even a score bug. Mosts colleges do it this way. Some are a little more professional than others. Last year we had some issues, but the games were watchable. This year, there was a definite setback. The cameras weren't timed (which means there was a big vertical shift in the screen when they went from one camera to another). Some action was missed b/c of replays. Direction and camera work were piss poor, etc.

I do this sort of thing for a living, so when we put out a crappy product like that I cringe.

I hope for better come basketball season. Actually, I've already seen some improvement.

I wish they had hired me like I wanted them to.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!