No Mean Green Luv Here

MeanGreen61

Rivals ranks all 340 Division I teams. No Mean Green luv here ;)

Sun Belt teams

#54 Western Kentucky

#58 South Alabama

#127 UL-Monroe

#136 Middle Tennessee

#173 Florida Atlantic

#177 North Texas

#186 New Orleans

#211 Florida International

#223 Troy

#229 Arkansas State

#238 UA-Little Rock

#239 UL-Lafayette

#320 Denver

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/conten...&CID=735518

Guest GrayEagleOne

We shouldn't be surprised. We lost our three leading scorers (Davis, Watson, Sturns) and a valuable backup (Young). They probably didn't rate our recruiting class very high and we were something like fifth best in the conference last year. The analysts just think that we got hot at tournament time and the crux of that team is gone.

While we may not rank very high in preseason polls, I think that this team is really going to surprise some people. We seemed to be counting on Dennis and Thomas for key roles and, even when they're up to speed, neither are likely to be starters.

Please...Western Kentucky as the 54th best team in the country? Only if Ralph Willard were still coaching...

WKU and USA are too high...everyone else too low...atleast to FIU. Polls mean nothing

Not only are they (WKU & S.Alabama) too high, but I wouldn't have MT or FAU in front of NT to begin with.

Pre-season rankings are kind of stupid anyway. WKU is always legit, but S.Alabama and UL Monroe have not proven that they can win em' when they count. Not saying that NT does either, but at least we managed to put it all together late in the season last year and make a splash (finally).

Not only are they (WKU & S.Alabama) too high, but I wouldn't have MT or FAU in front of NT to begin with.

Pre-season rankings are kind of stupid anyway. WKU is always legit, but S.Alabama and UL Monroe have not proven that they can win em' when they count. Not saying that NT does either, but at least we managed to put it all together late in the season last year and make a splash (finally).

I'm not so sure about MT being in front of UNT either, but this will "on paper" be our best hoops team in about 15 years. We shall see.

FAU I would...and did...MTSU should be great next year if everyone sticks around

FAU I would...and did...MTSU should be great next year if everyone sticks around

Yeah, I remember reading that in your analysis. I respect you opinions on hoop, but I still don't see enough from FAU yet (could change) to put them in front of NT. We'll see.

KajunRaider: I agree that MT looks very solid on paper...if they play to that paper will be the test. I think that squad could be very good in the near future.

As far as South Alabama, show me that you won't crater towards the stretch before I view you as a legitimate threat in the post season.

Edited by Green Lantern

Yeah, I remember reading that in your analysis. I respect you opinions on hoop, but I still don't see enough from FAU yet (could change) to put them in front of NT. We'll see.

KajunRaider: I agree that MT looks very solid on paper...if they play to that paper will be the test. I think that squad could be very good in the near future.

As far as South Alabama, show me that you won't crater towards the stretch before I view you as a legitimate threat in the post season.

Plus, South Alabama has a new coach and new system, so I'd be surprised to see them be as strong as the last couple of years. I do know that Arrow is a good coach, however, but USA lost a lot of firepower. Is that big dude of theirs in jail ?

Expanding on Hatter's point, being #177 out of 340 teams in D1 MBB in a preseason poll would be the equivalent of being #62 out of 119 D1 football teams. I think if we were ranked #62 in football in a preseason poll, fans would collapse on the ground and babble incoherently from inexpressible joy. When they could finally speak, they would turn their faces to the heavens expecting to see Todd Dodge being lifted to a celestial golden throne.

So I take the MBB ranking as a good thing. I expect it to improve significantly through the season.