The Casey Fitz Record Chase

SUMG

The great Casey Fitzgerald needs 20 receptions to set a new single season record for receptions. The current record of 91...was set by Marvin Walker in 1982.

I'm not artistic..so this is out of my realm. But, it'd sure be neat to have some kind of banner at our games.....where his reception numbers could be kept and changed....as he approaches and hopefully breaks the record.

Good luck, Casey!

Edited by SUMG

Great idea, SUMG....maybe the great drex could create a banner or something. He's the best I know at that sort of thing. By the way, great to see Casey Fitz at the Coach Dodge Show last night in support of his coach! He's showing some good leadership...and I know it was a tough thing to do, but it was great he was there and I told him so.

We should definitely get behind the effort to get him the record. Plenty of time and throws in the season left for him to get to 92 or more. Let's GO CASEY! GO MEAN GREEN...beat Navy.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...I just hope we can hold on to the ball against Navy long enough to get plenty of opportunities for Casey. These Navy boys do like to eat up the clock...one of our goals for the game should be to make Navy punt at least 3 times! :lol:

GO MEAN GREEN...SINK NAVY!

John, it was nice to hear that you won the trivia for the second week in a row (may have been more, but I have actually been able to listen to the last two shows).

When I heard the question asked, I immediately said Marvin Walker...but did not remember that the year was the year I graduated!

Great idea for the sign.

Scott

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't know how the move inside will affect Fitzgerald's run at the record but I'm all for his knowing that the fans are behind him.

I watched Marvin Walker play many times at Garland High School and at North Texas and in one sense I hate to see his record go but on the other hand this team needs to make a statement with its' passing offense. What better way than to have a receiver break a 25 year old record in TD's first season?

Speaking of time of possession, I know that is an area of concern/discussion heading into Saturday's game. However, I heard an interesting stat last night at the radio show from a member of the football staff.

Notre Dame's TOP was 31 minutes and they ran over 90 offensive plays.

Navy's TOP was 29 minutes.

Not as bad as I thought it'd be. We are going to have our opportunities Saturday.

Did anyone else catch the significance of DREX's comments...and, no, I do not mean about Casey Fitzgerald.... :unsure:

It's the comment about a fiance!!!! :wub: So we know now that "hell does freeze over" and that "pig's do fly". I have met DREX's bride to be, and all I can say is that DREX is "marrying UP"...way up! :clapping:

Did anyone else catch the significance of DREX's comments...and, no, I do not mean about Casey Fitzgerald.... :unsure:

It's the comment about a fiance!!!! :wub: So we know now that "hell does freeze over" and that "pig's do fly". I have met DREX's bride to be, and all I can say is that DREX is "marrying UP"...way up! :clapping:

I thought you said Drex was gay. If not, my bad, carry on.

GreenMachine.....WHAT????? :no: I don't think ANYONE ever said or even inferred that Drex was gay...where did you get that? You obviously do not know drex very well. You should get to know him...one of the greatest UNT fans and supporters ever!

We shall, indeed, carry on! Did I miss a joke here, somewhere, maybe......... :blink:

GreenMachine.....WHAT????? :no: I don't think ANYONE ever said or even inferred that Drex was gay...where did you get that? You obviously do not know drex very well. You should get to know him...one of the greatest UNT fans and supporters ever!

We shall, indeed, carry on! Did I miss a joke here, somewhere, maybe......... :blink:

yes, just joking. Trying to make Drex laugh before his funeral, I mean wedding. :D

You're correct! Pig's must have grown wins and taken flying lessons. Congratulations drex, on the impending nuptials.