Movie Gallery Stadium

tsufan

Fouts is fine this year. The renovations have made it SOOO much nicer. In fact, I have always thought that Fouts was just fine when it was full. I brought a friend of mine to the FAU game and he went to Utah. I pointed across the HWY and told him about the new stadium and he had no idea why we would want to build a new stadium, thought that ours was a classic look and really nice. I asked him if he was kidding and he wasn't. The sight lines are bad but god, it is really nice now with all of the renovations (Turf, jumbotron, bathrooms, concession area, paint, etc...) Still gotta get rid of the bird shit on the seats.

Fouts is fine this year. The renovations have made it SOOO much nicer. In fact, I have always thought that Fouts was just fine when it was full. I brought a friend of mine to the FAU game and he went to Utah. I pointed across the HWY and told him about the new stadium and he had no idea why we would want to build a new stadium, thought that ours was a classic look and really nice. I asked him if he was kidding and he wasn't. The sight lines are bad but god, it is really nice now with all of the renovations (Turf, jumbotron, bathrooms, concession area, paint, etc...) Still gotta get rid of the bird shit on the seats.

I have to admit that I'm kind of partial to older stadiums myself regardless of the sport. I got to see Wrigley and Fenway recently and really enjoyed the feel of history in those places. Fouts would be fine with me if we could just pick up all of the stands and drag them about 40 yards closer together. They're so damn far apart that it's almost like being in two separate stadiums. I would say that the original architect should be locked up for that oversight, but at this point in time he probably wouldn't even know the difference if he's still around.

foutsrouts, stebo, you both have me really worried now. Fouts is really looking good to you? I'll admit, the upgrades really improve the dump...er..place. But it's sooooooo hard to watch a game there. He is post I made on another thread regarding the internet video feed of the Troy game.

"Feed is back for me too. Sad thing is, watching that little screen, I actually feel like I'm closer to the action than my Row 16 seats at Fouts." :blink:

I would love to hear the UNT fans toughts on our stadium . We, the Troy fans, think we have the nicest stadium in the Belt (definitely better than MTSU's all metal stadium). Just curious......

Ahem. Middle Tennessee does not have all-metal bleachers. Plus, Troy fans have not seen our stadium since it's renovation during the summer. We added more open-air luxury suites in the North Endzone and we have a new scoreboard. That reminds me, now that Movie Gallery has tanked and declared a Chapter 11, what is Troy going to do for money now? It's like the Richard Scrushy fiasco all over again. You guys don't have good fortune picking benefactors to name your stadium after.

Fouts needs to be renovated with a dozer.

foutsrouts, stebo, you both have me really worried now. Fouts is really looking good to you? I'll admit, the upgrades really improve the dump...er..place. But it's sooooooo hard to watch a game there. He is post I made on another thread regarding the internet video feed of the Troy game.

"Feed is back for me too. Sad thing is, watching that little screen, I actually feel like I'm closer to the action than my Row 16 seats at Fouts." :blink:

"Fouts would be fine with me if we could just pick up all of the stands and drag them about 40 yards closer together. They're so damn far apart that it's almost like being in two separate stadiums. I would say that the original architect should be locked up for that oversight, but at this point in time he probably wouldn't even know the difference if he's still around."

Hmmm...Did I really say that Fouts is looking good to me? Hell, I've got to show at least a little sentimentality toward the place since I'll have to change my handle when/if we finally build the new one. :lol: In all honesty, I don't think Fouts would be all that bad if it were built in a MUCH tighter configuration. Not big and beautiful, but not all that bad either. But since that ain't gonna happen, I guess it's all a moot point anyway.

Ahem. Middle Tennessee does not have all-metal bleachers. Plus, Troy fans have not seen our stadium since it's renovation during the summer. We added more open-air luxury suites in the North Endzone and we have a new scoreboard. That reminds me, now that Movie Gallery has tanked and declared a Chapter 11, what is Troy going to do for money now? It's like the Richard Scrushy fiasco all over again. You guys don't have good fortune picking benefactors to name your stadium after.

I don't want to get into a pi$$ing match with an MT fan on the NT board, but just for your info (and RITZ, you spend enough time on our board that you should already know) and for the NT fans, I'll repeat the info.

Our stadium was never named after Scrushy, the field was, *until* the news of his...crimes came out. Its not like Scrushy went around telling people "hey, I'm crook, want a donation?" If someone with big pockets wanted to donate to MT's stadium your officials would take it too. One more thing, look up all the other schools Scrushy donated to and go make comments on their boards too.

Movie Gallery did file for Chapter 11. They are not out of business but restructuring their business and debt. There is no sign that the money from MG will stop so far and the Troys relations with them are still good. Their name will stay on the stadium until they give us reason to change it.

NT fans: NT fans are nice and classy folks, and while I don't know about this season, your team will get better. Troy fans like our stadium, NT fans like their stadium, and MT fans like their stadium so everyone is happy.

I don't want to get into a pi$$ing match with an MT fan on the NT board, but just for your info (and RITZ, you spend enough time on our board that you should already know) and for the NT fans, I'll repeat the info.

Our stadium was never named after Scrushy, the field was, *until* the news of his...crimes came out. Its not like Scrushy went around telling people "hey, I'm crook, want a donation?" If someone with big pockets wanted to donate to MT's stadium your officials would take it too. One more thing, look up all the other schools Scrushy donated to and go make comments on their boards too.

Movie Gallery did file for Chapter 11. They are not out of business but restructuring their business and debt. There is no sign that the money from MG will stop so far and the Troys relations with them are still good. Their name will stay on the stadium until they give us reason to change it.

NT fans: NT fans are nice and classy folks, and while I don't know about this season, your team will get better. Troy fans like our stadium, NT fans like their stadium, and MT fans like their stadium so everyone is happy.

NT fans, as a general rule, don't like our stadium, built in about 1952, but on a clear day, you can even see the field from the stands.

To answer the Troy fan's question, the luxury box side of Movie Gallery Stadium looked good on TV, but the other side and the end zones not so much. In the end zones you could see buildings that looked like houses, power lines and the like. I like college stadiums that are more closed-in. Put some walls, trees or new buildings around that sucker and crank the stadium lights up to 11.

To answer the Troy fan's question, the luxury box side of Movie Gallery Stadium looked good on TV, but the other side and the end zones not so much. In the end zones you could see buildings that looked like houses, power lines and the like. I like college stadiums that are more closed-in. Put some walls, trees or new buildings around that sucker and crank the stadium lights up to 11.

Well, in my opinion, its what goes on *inside* the stadium that matters. As far as the surroundings go, Troy's campus was built surrounded by normal residential neighborhoods. The stadium has been in the same location since the 50's on the edge of the campus so the campus is behind the press box side with a street immediately behind the other with a Nat'l Guard armory and a church next to each other on the other side of that street. On the ends of the stadium are the practice fields (down a hill behind the wall on the open side) and the tailgating areas on the other. If someone fell off the back of the upper deck, they would splat in the street... no room for trees and you cant just tear up a major street in any town. You use what you got, and thats what we got. *If* there is ever a need we will add another deck to the closed end zone and that will block out more of the surrounding area.

Well, in my opinion, its what goes on *inside* the stadium that matters. As far as the surroundings go, Troy's campus was built surrounded by normal residential neighborhoods. The stadium has been in the same location since the 50's on the edge of the campus so the campus is behind the press box side with a street immediately behind the other with a Nat'l Guard armory and a church next to each other on the other side of that street. On the ends of the stadium are the practice fields (down a hill behind the wall on the open side) and the tailgating areas on the other. If someone fell off the back of the upper deck, they would splat in the street... no room for trees and you cant just tear up a major street in any town. You use what you got, and thats what we got. *If* there is ever a need we will add another deck to the closed end zone and that will block out more of the surrounding area.

The main houses I'm referring to are the buildings in the south end zone, to the east of the baseball field. They look odd, though I thought it was kinda cool that NCAA Football 08 includes them in that Movie Gallery commercial where your coach plays the game.

Though it's true that what goes on inside the stadium is what matters, have you ever been to a storied football stadium like Death Valley in Clemson? It's got such epic scale you expect lions and Christians to come out.

The main houses I'm referring to are the buildings in the south end zone, to the east of the baseball field. They look odd, though I thought it was kinda cool that NCAA Football 08 includes them in that Movie Gallery commercial where your coach plays the game.

Though it's true that what goes on inside the stadium is what matters, have you ever been to a storied football stadium like Death Valley in Clemson? It's got such epic scale you expect lions and Christians to come out.

I'm sorry, when you used the word 'houses' it kinda threw me off. Those two 'houses' have souvenir booths, concession stands and restrooms and behind them are the main gate to the stadium and the tailgating area behind that. So when one walks in to the stadium they get a nice view of it as soon as they walk in (IMO). And like I mentioned before, if the need arises there will be an upper deck added that will cover and enclose that area.

I'm sorry, when you used the word 'houses' it kinda threw me off. Those two 'houses' have souvenir booths, concession stands and restrooms and behind them are the main gate to the stadium and the tailgating area behind that. So when one walks in to the stadium they get a nice view of it as soon as they walk in (IMO). And like I mentioned before, if the need arises there will be an upper deck added that will cover and enclose that area.

I thought your stadium was great and your team even better. You may just give Georgia a tussle. Thanks to TSUfan and others for the introduction and directions. Your people were truly great hosts. You are indeed the class of the Sun Belt. Sorry we were unable to compete--maybe someday we'll give you a real contest, until then keep doin' what you're doing 'cause it sure works!!