So, You Like A Little Offense In Your College Game?

NT80

Just a little?

That's a barn-burner game if there ever was one.

That is one of the reasons why I hate the NCAA FB overtime format. There were 48 points scored in OT. If this was the NFL format, there would be a maximum of 6 scored in the OT. The current OT format unrealistically inflates team statistics

I would be OK with the format if they would not keep appending each score to the total score. For statistical purposes, they should just throw out the matching scores and only keep the last series added to the final score.

The college OT system really messes things up for those of us that like to keep up with statistics.

That is one of the reasons why I hate the NCAA FB overtime format. There were 48 points scored in OT. If this was the NFL format, there would be a maximum of 6 scored in the OT. The current OT format unrealistically inflates team statistics

I would be OK with the format if they would not keep appending each score to the total score. For statistical purposes, they should just throw out the matching scores and only keep the last series added to the final score.

The college OT system really messes things up for those of us that like to keep up with statistics.

I hate the way the NFL handles OT. The odds of winning greatly favors the team if they win the coin flip.

At least with how the NCAA handles OT, both teams are given a fair shake to score the winning field goal/touchdown.

Edited by UNTFan23

Since when are stats important? At least the NCAA gives both teams a fair shake in an OT.

"The odds of winning greatly favors the team if they win the coin flip."

The NFL has had 325 overtime games since the rule was adopted in

1974. The results:

Both teams have had possession 235 times (72.3%).

The team that has won the toss has won 169 times (52.0%).

The team that has lost the toss has won 141 times (43.4%).

223 games were decided by a field goal (68.6%).

86 games were decided by a TD (26.5%).

One game was decided by a safety (0.3%).

There have been 15 ties (4.6%).

Source: NFL